Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

I think Trade Evolutions need to stop.

D-ManBlue
D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

So, one thing I liked in Legends: Arceus is that you no longer needed to trade certain Pokemon to evolve them- you could just give them a Link Cable or the respective trade item.

I wish they kept this, because it's always been annoying to have Trade evolutions in game. Like, if you have no friends who play Pokemon or people to trade with, you're basically locked out of using certain Pokemon. I'm fine to use Magmar when needed but Magmortar is so much better.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Elberta
    Elberta Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    25 Agrees First Answer Name Dropper 10 Comments

True, it really harms the players who doesn't have real life friends or people they can trade with. It would be so much better if an item can just allow trade evo pokemon to evolve.

• RiqMoran
    RiqMoran Member Posts: 231 ✭✭✭
    5 Answers 25 Likes 100 Comments 25 Agrees

I never liked them either. Or the entire concept of selling the same game 2 (or 3 or 4) times for that matter.

Ideally you'd be able to access all of the content in 1 game through single player.

• Cilen15000
    Cilen15000 Member Posts: 11
    First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary

They make Pokédex completion and play throughs harder

• GeneralScout
    GeneralScout Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Agrees 5 Likes 10 Comments

There could be an npc in an area who would will be trading pokemon that can evolve from trading, or just make the certain trade items that allow pokemon to evolve without trading harder to get. I would say that could be balanced since it supports both pokemon trading and trade item evolving

• puplover1118
    puplover1118 Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees First Anniversary 25 Likes

I think this is why, in SwSh and its expansion pass, you could catch trade evos in the wild or in raids.