Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Manaphy and Klefki Questions

Two Questions

1. Manaphy, I have him in my bench but Sableye is still able to place damage counters on my bench? How? See my screenshot, you can see he was just taken out in discard pile.

2. Klefki and Path to Peak both active yet my opponents still has his abilities active for both his Pokémon? How is this possible? See screenshot. You can see no down errors for him but they are there for me.

Thanks!

Comments

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 614 ✭✭✭✭
    250 Agrees 500 Comments 100 LOLs 100 Likes

Okay, first I’ll address the first issue: Manaphy. Wave Veil only prevents damage from attacks that say something along the lines of, “This attack does X-amount of damage to one of your opponent’s Benched Pokémon.” Placing damage counters, which is what Sableye’s attack Lost Mine does, is not blocked by Manaphy because technically placing damage counters is an effect of an attack, so it’s not, “damage done to your benched Pokémon”, but just remains an effect of an attack. This is why if you prevent all effects of attacks done to, say, your active Pokémon during your opponent’s next turn, your active Pokémon can’t be Lost Mined by an opponent’s Sableye on their next turn.

Next, I’ll address the second issue. Klefki’s Mysterious Lock Ability only shuts down the abilities of basic Pokémon (except any Mysterious Locks). That would shut down the Ability of Chien-Pao ex (and would also shut down the abilities of Gengar V and Frigibax if they had any, but they don’t.), but not Palkia VSTAR, Bibarel, or Houndoom, because they are all evolution Pokémon. Next, Path to the Peak only shuts down the attacks of Rule Box Pokémon (exs, Vs, VSTARs, VMAXs, even Radiant Pokémon, etc.), so it would shut down the abilities of Chien-Pao ex and Palkia VSTAR. It would also shut down the abilities of Gengar V and VMAX if they had any, because they are Rule Box Pokémon, but they have no abilities. Path to the Peak does not shut down the abilities of Bibarel and Houndoom because they are not Rule Box Pokémon.

I hope this helped! Thanks for including screenshots, that made your questions much more understandable.