Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Quality of life / wanted features

FriendlyDM2
FriendlyDM2 Member Posts: 1
Photogenic

Hey everyone! I'm curious to see what kind of quality of life or features the community wants! For me, there are two things that I would love to see in future titles!

• Changing Pokéballs

I'd love the ability to change the Pokéball that your Pokémon is in. I myself really like the look and design of the standard Pokéball, but it's not always a good idea to use a regular Pokéball to catch a Pokémon. Not when things like Quick Balls, Ultra Balls and the much-loved Dusk Ball exist to make catching so much easier! A service/NPC in the game that changes your Pokémon's ball it is in exchange for maybe some money or an item would be SO nice!

• Reverse GTS

Being able to trade with people all over the world with GTS is nice. And being able to look for a Pokémon that you want is nice too! You can even only show trades for Pokémon that you have!

But what if you could do the reverse? What if you could select a Pokémon within your box and then you get presented with a list of Pokémon that you could get for the selected Pokémon? I think that'd be a cool little feature!

Do you have any ideas on new features or quality-of-life changes you want in the games? Or do you have an opinion on the ones I posted? Let me know!

Comments

• RiqMoran
    RiqMoran Member Posts: 231 ✭✭✭
    5 Answers 25 Likes 100 Comments 25 Agrees

Those are both great suggestions I would love to see them implemented.

I think Masuda Method shiny hunting should have its odds increased to be more in line with the effective odds of shiny hunting wild pokemon. Due to breeding being so much slower than spawning wild pokemon, hatching a shiny pokemon can take anywhere from days to weeks whereas spawning a wild shiny takes only minutes, and at worst a couple hours.

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

In regards to changing Pokeballs, I think it would be cooler if you could customize your OWN Poke Balls.

• Funboy35
    Funboy35 Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    Photogenic 5 Likes 5 Agrees 5 LOLs

I’d appreciate an advanced function that lets you choose your Pokémon’s next move while everyone’s still taking their turns.

In Pokémon Legends: Arceus, I prefer carrying items like Smoke Bombs, Cake Lures, and Heavy Balls (and more!) together in that order. But the Favorite function isn’t enough to let me auto-sort items while keeping the order I want. Can’t someone like Bagin teach me how to organize multiple Favorite groups in my satchel? I’d pay.

Your Reverse GTS idea sounds like Pokémon HOME’s “Wanted Pokémon” feature, @FriendlyDM2. Have you tried it?

• machlikenjoyer
    machlikenjoyer Member Posts: 16
    10 Comments

The ORAS touchscreen interface along with the autorun toggle.

Naturally, this would require a return to the Nintendo 3DS console design, which was honestly better than the Switch in every way.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes
  • TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

Exp. Share toggle.

Shift/Set battle style settings.

A national Pokédex.