Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Drastic changes to the pokemon gameplay mechanics

MajorBrendan
MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭
100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

As payment for throwing away Terastal, Dynamax, or any other troublesome game mechanic I would like to propose something new in addition to the return of Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves. Increase the move set from 4 to either 8 or 10 for more strategizing. In addition to that, voice commands so the battle gameplay is similar to the anime.

Comments

• RiqMoran
    RiqMoran Member Posts: 231 ✭✭✭
    5 Answers 25 Likes 100 Comments 25 Agrees

Let's add motion controls while we're at it.

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

Maybe just stop bothering with extraneous gimmicks and just focus on battling as is?

Also, more of an experiment for a spinoff, but I would like to see how combat would play out having only one or two Pokemon you typically rely on rather than a team of three to six.

• MajorBrendan

I would like to see a full team battle with my proposed gameplay based on the anime. Plus, aside from wild battle, those who don't want to battle, I can give the trainers a choice of talking to the wild pokemon asking each of them to come with the trainer.

• MajorBrendan

I would like to see a full team battle with my proposed gameplay based on the anime. Plus, aside from wild battle, those who don't want to battle, I can give the trainers a choice of talking to the wild pokemon asking each of them to come with the trainer.

• MajorBrendan

I would also like to add one more feature to battle at the cost of turn based battles. Combination moves, something even more whether it be single, double or triple battle. For example thunderbolt plus iron tail for some extra impact. Something that turn based wouldn't do. Or even Ice shard with thunderbolt! Or even Stone edge with Flamethrower. The possibilities are never ending.

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 587 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 100 Likes 100 LOLs

Tilt controls, anyone? 😜

@MajorBrendan I think that some sort of combo move would be awesome. Maybe if they even implemented it into terrestrial Pokémon in a special move kind of thing (like you were saying with the return of Z-moves), so (for example) Dark Tera-type Charizard could use a move combo of Dark Pulse and Flamethrower that would be a beam of dark fire. It seems like it would work and be cool, but idk. Thoughts?

• MajorBrendan

@octowen The tilt controls might help with increasing the attack power for the Z-Moves. It would also work for the synchronization for the combo moves in order to make it a bit more interesting. However, I did say for the umpteenth time the gaming feature is at the cost of removing Terastal phenomenon and the Dynamax Phenomenon! Once I work for the Pokemon Company, I plan to make that happen. Also, best to remove the mmo approach in the pokemon battles founded in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet! One more thing I forgot to mention, players will also have the option of giving commands via real-time slow button command or voice command when it comes to the pokemon battle!