Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

If you where a gym leader, what pokemon would you use and what would your gym be like?

Answers

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

I'd be a Flying type gym leader, and my theme would be stage theatre. I'd help manage a local theater and perform in plays, as well as run some acting workshops, when my Gym isn't part of the challenge.

My challenge might involve trying to find me (heavily costumed) as me and the boys (sorry, the Gym Trainers) are acting out a scene. Defeating the trainers in battle would give you a hint leading to me.

My team would be Togekiss, Sigilyph, Pelipper, Hawlucha, Noivern, and Corviknight. Adjust evolution stage and level based on order.

• HolyLance1337
    HolyLance1337 Member Posts: 66
    Name Dropper 10 Comments Photogenic

Gyarados / Dragonite / Dragonite / Aerodactyl / Charizard / Dragonite

• HolyLance1337
    HolyLance1337 Member Posts: 66
    Name Dropper 10 Comments Photogenic

Gyarados / Dragonite / Dragonite / Aerodactyl / Charizard / Dragonite

My gym: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/601448562726797334/613295201468940288/ivvfrd.png

• puplover1118
    puplover1118 Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees First Anniversary 25 Likes

@HolyLance1337 I mean... there is Lance in your name, so...

• 7A9
    7A9 Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment

Maybe flying type?…

I’d have

1) Corviknight (ace) lvl 60, gigantamaxes

2) Unfeasant, lvl 51

3) Noivern, lvl 50

4) Braviary, lvl 45

5) Gyarados, lvl 47

I’d obviously be the last gym leader with that team, but if I wasn’t the Pokémon would just be de-evolved and less of them.

My gym would be in Galar on the peak of the far hill west of Wyndon, the one on the river. And that would be a dynamax spot.

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

I could also be a Water type gym leader with:

Mega Swampert, Pelipper, Clawitzer, Toxapex, Wash Rotom, and Azumarill.

My gym might be some aquarium where people have to answer questions regarding the Pokemon in the tanks. My theme would be marine biology.

• Elberta
    Elberta Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    25 Agrees First Answer Name Dropper 10 Comments

I would be a dragon type gym leader and would probably be as the 7th or the 8th gym leader. The team will be Kingdra, Kommo-o, Baxcalibur, Turtonator, Dracovish, and Dragonite (Ace). I would switch Turtonator with Mega Charizard X if Mega Evolution was allowed. The gym would be a tower and will consists of 4 floors and you have to defeat the trainer on the previous floor to get to the next floor.

The gym badge would be the Meteorite Badge (as tribute to Mega Rayquaza eating meteorites to mega evolve). And the TM would be Breaking Swipes.

• StarberrySpace
    StarberrySpace Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Comment

If I had a gym, I'd either be a Rock, Ground or Psychic type.

These teams are only applicable if National Dex is a thing, but still.

Also, if the last Gym Leader, but that's a given.

Rock: Minior (Ace), Coallossal, Lunatone, Alolan Golem, Glimmora, Garganacl.

Ground: Ursaluna (Ace), Toedscruel, Iron Treads, Quagsire, Clodsire, Claydol

Psychic: Spinda (Tera, Ace); If not, Musharna (Ace), Beheeyem, Claydol, Lunatone, Sigilyph, Gothitelle.

• FairyTypeRobot
    FairyTypeRobot Member Posts: 10
    First Comment Photogenic 5 Agrees

i think something went wrong with the image woops

• AndrewLeo_
    AndrewLeo_ Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Currently I'm already a Gym leader in a community league and I think it's a fair representation of what I prefer when playing games. I'd be a Steel type gym leader. Gimics aside, I'd say that my Ace (while a bit cheesy) would be Bedum/Metang/Metagross as it's my favorite Steel evolution line.

If 1st (Lv. 10-14): Bronzor, Beldum

If 2nd (Lv. 15-24): Bronzor, Honedge, Beldum

If 3rd (Lv. 20-29): Bronzor, Magnemite, Metang

If 4th (Lv. 25-34): Bronzong, Honedge, Metang

If 5th (Lv. 30-39): Bronzong, Mageneton, Doublade, Metang

If 6th (Lv. 35-44): Bronzong, Mageneton, Double, Metang

If 7th (Lv. 40-49): Bronzong, Magnezone, Aiegislash, Metagross

If 8th (Lv. 45-54): Bronzong, Magnezone, Aiegislash, Skarmory, Metagross

Steel types are challenging though given their natural weakness to fire, so I think in the later gyms (i.e. 6th-8th) I would allow at least one of my mons to have an Occa Berry as a held item to halve super-effecitve damage from fire types for one turn.