Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What was your first wild, non Story related, Shiny Pokémon?

Comments

• G_Slowking
    G_Slowking Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment

My first shiny encounter was a shiny wooper in pokemon diamond. I didn't know shiny pokemon were a thing at the time. I caught it of couse, because I thought "cool, a pink wooper!". Anyway, shortly after my DS's battery died and I forgot to save after catching it. Later that week I told one of my friends about this pink wooper I found and he didn't believe there was such a thing, and I couldn't prove him wrong because I didn't have it anymore.

• MarchOfTheClams
    MarchOfTheClams Member Posts: 12
    5 Likes 10 Comments Photogenic

Doduo in the FireRed Safari Zone, which I luckily was able to catch. I was with my cousin at the time and he explained what it was; I can't remember if I had even heard of shinies before then.

• Simbinana
    Simbinana Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Pokemon Gold back in 2000. A shiny Caterpie in the grass just north of Cherrygrove City. It was before I could buy Pokeballs. I was so salty! 😆

• Pizzamaster8910
    Pizzamaster8910 Member Posts: 15
    10 Comments Photogenic First Answer 5 Likes

Shiny Aipom, Legends Arceus

• spectralArtist
    spectralArtist Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment

My first shiny was a shiny zubat in Soul Silver when I was a kid. Unfortunately I lost it when I deleted my save before I could trade it to someone for safe keeping

• PineTwist
    PineTwist Member Posts: 14
    Photogenic First Answer First Comment 5 Likes

An eevee! I randomly hatched him and named him Shadow and evolved him into an umbreon, I was a kid and instantly fell in love with shiny hunting

• Sev_Henry
    Sev_Henry Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

My first ever shiny was in Gold version when I was just a kid. I was using Totodile as my starter, and had made it to the Goldenrod Bug Catching contest. During said contest I encountered a shiny Beedrill! I tried and tried to capture it, but it eventually KO'd my Totodile, and was lost forever.

Alas...

• TURTLEEEEEE
    TURTLEEEEEE Member Posts: 49
    Photogenic Name Dropper 5 Likes First Anniversary

My first Shiny was a Gible that I found in Area Zero in Violet. I had never encountered a Shiny before, since this was my first time playing the Pokemon games. Luckily, I already knew what Shiny Gible looked like (I'm a Shiny nerd BTW), and caught it immidiately. I turned it into an Lv. 100 Garchomp named Chomp. Later, I returned to Area Zero and found a Shiny Garganacl.

• skeIedirge
    skeIedirge Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic Name Dropper

my first shiny was a zoroark in pokemon Y! i found him in the pokemon village. i didn't name him but i still have him on my old ultra sun game and i want to transfer him up to gen 9 someday

• Mindacos
    Mindacos Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic First Answer

The first shiny I vividly remember was a wild audino in pokemon black. Pretty bummed out that I no longer have the cartridge for it, though.

I'll never forget how you swept both Burgh and Elesa.