Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Favorite Hidden Mechanics/Dialog

Pokémon has always had insane, or mild, intentional and hidden features and dialogs a zubat of a trainer would miss, but due to years of research we've come to find facts like Masuda Method, though it's not so hidden now. But we've come to learn Pokémon encounters decrease on days of disasters in Diamond, Pearl, and Platnium, or that Clair will call you a cheater if you trade a dragons fang to your file to give her rather than the one from the Dragon's den. My personal favorite hidden mechanic is the alternate surfing pikachu sprites in Generation 1 and 2 if you use surf with a pikachu that has the move. I also find the dialog given by Laventon if you attempt to throw pokéballs at him in the catching tutorial to be funny.

Comments

• bakphooon
    bakphooon Member Posts: 12
    5 Likes 10 Comments Photogenic 5 Agrees

It's not exactly a secret but I liked the Shiny Leaf mechanic from HGSS.

• Bolt_Boy25
    Bolt_Boy25 Member Posts: 137 ✭✭✭
    25 Likes 25 Agrees 100 Comments 25 LOLs

If you lose the first Rival battle with nemona she still says your a great trainer. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• scotty774
    scotty774 Member Posts: 21
    5 Likes 5 Agrees 10 Comments Photogenic

I'm a big fan of the Mystery Gift from Gen 3! I likely won't ever get to experience its proper function... but its music is very nice!

• Funboy35
    Funboy35 Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    Photogenic 5 Likes 5 Agrees 5 LOLs

In Galar’s Max Raid Battles, each wild Dynamax Pokémon has a specific move or two that it likes to use. Also, when the wild Pokémon nullifies stat changes and Abilities on your team’s side, it also nullifies its own lowered stats. But the Pokémon can’t negate suppress stat boosts and Abilities on the first turn, or if its shield disappeared earlier in the turn.

In other words, there’s more to Max Raid Battles than calling out your strongest Pokémon and hoping for the best!

Also, from the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series: Banana.

• Dragonmaster273
    Dragonmaster273 Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment

Winning a gift Pokemon in Pokemon Stadium lets you get a trophy for your room in Pokemon Gold, Silver, & Crystal.

• DJ_dino2thebone
    DJ_dino2thebone Member Posts: 15
    10 Comments Photogenic

I think it's cool how when you beat Lorelei she sometimes get plushies added to her house in fire red and leaf green

• Jirarudan
    Jirarudan Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Agrees 5 Likes

Spinning around in Galar will let you do Leon's signature pose!

...spinning around in Paldea will make you dizzy.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

@Jirarudan

Actually, the stickers of Galar Pokémon in the player's room, and I think something the mum said imply that the player moved from Galar to go to the academy, so some people see that as the player trying to do the pose but failing.

So, while the SwSh protagonist can do the spin and pose perfectly, probably due to living in Postwick, the SV one tries and fails (probably because Sonia's book being in the academy means that the Galar postgame happened before this by a while, so Leon probably hasn't been champion for some time)

Why be a normal human when you can think too much about insignificant details in a kids' franchise.

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 LOLs 50 Answers 500 Comments

@UnovanZorua that's what I love spending my free time doing, when I'm just doing nothing. Lol.

• Jirarudan
    Jirarudan Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Agrees 5 Likes

The line she has that makes people think the family is from Galar is that she invites Clavell in for "a cuppa"