Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

pokemon is old how come ash dont follow in age

Options
Asibar
Asibar Member Posts: 3
First Comment

i seen alot of pokemon back in the day and still do today thou im elderly watcher im 50 years old

so i find it wierd that main charater dont get older as season got onward i know it for kids but alot adult see this series too so wouldnt it be a good have hat follow his age as they didt in other anime as like naruto and dragon ball and so on so why havent pokemon followup

Answers

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

There are many theories, the most common may be that Ho-Oh granted him the wish of being forever young, but there are much more theories. No official statements about his aging tho.

To me it's just the way they decided to make the anime more simplistic aim to be kid friendly without much sense but cute and with its charm.

DB and Naruto are a more complex and violet aim for a bit older audience and have a more epic feeling, so the aging makes more sense there.

• Istiyaq
    Istiyaq Member Posts: 27
    Name Dropper First Answer First Comment 5 Likes
    Options

With Ash no longer as the main protagonist in the next Pokémon Horizons: The Series, we might get an older version of Ash if he ever makes an appearance whether it is a cameo or as a main character, but only OLM knows the reason why Ash never ages.

• Asibar
    First Comment
    Options

i hope so becourse it wouldt suit the series alot becourse alot all ages are watching this cool series and to se ash get to be and adult and have his own family wouldt be a steal and refreshment

• The-AniX-Theory
    The-AniX-Theory Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

He's a Ditto who permanently got stuck in transformation.

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

@The-AniX-Theory but then where is the original Ash that Ditto transformed from?

Wouldn't someone find the original Ash and confront both of them?

• CubsFan68
    CubsFan68 Member Posts: 5
    First Answer First Comment Photogenic
    Options

My favorite theory is that Ash has been in a Neverending dream ever since the first episode and that's why he never ages.

But its mostly to keep his age around the same age as the shows targeted audience.

• Asibar
    First Comment
    Options

makes sense but id think they forget that alot of all age are watching cartoon i have a buddy who 50 years old aswell as me and he plays the game aswell so i guess they have shoot alittle over the top but i get what u are saying

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 854 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

If I was in charge of the pokemon anime, I would have Ash age by 1 year. I feel that Ash's journey with pikachu is far from over.

• _-_Eevee_-_
    _-_Eevee_-_ Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    5 Likes Combo Breaker 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

He is mew

• JuliusVercelli
    JuliusVercelli Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    5 LOLs Name Dropper First Answer 5 Agrees
    Options