Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Delibirdbob
Delibirdbob Member Posts: 2
First Comment 5 Agrees

It's becoming really annoying when my opponent concedes as I'm about to knock out their V-max Pokemon, resulting in less xp than I would have received if I had time to claim the prize cards. Players shouldn't be punished for building a deck that deals high damage before their opponent has a chance to set up properly.

Conceding is an important part of the game and I don't think this needs to change. Theres no point forcing a player to play a game they can't win. However the winner should not recieve less XP because they do so.

Comments

• 10types
    10types Member Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes Name Dropper

It should probably be the other way where you lose more if you concede to discourage last minute conceding

• Delibirdbob
    Delibirdbob Member Posts: 2
    First Comment 5 Agrees

why? people should be allowed to leave the game if they want to. Conceding isn't a bad thing, especially with how some attacks work (having to attach several energy in one turn etc) I completely understand why they wouldn't want to sit through that.

The prize card based XP system also punishes players for winning in ways that aren't taking all prize cards, there are multiple ways to win and some ways shouldn't be rewarded more than others. A win is a win and you should get the same amount of xp regardless of how you do so.

• 10types
    10types Member Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes Name Dropper

It's also super toxic when you're tryna beat a challenge like say take a ko and then your opponent specifically concedes at the last second every time just to stop you from beating your challenge

• seriphimveritas
    seriphimveritas Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

Yeah, like I definitely don't care if someone concedes because they want to move on, but why do I get punished? Especially when they concede right as you are literally about to hit the button. Losing out on like 50ish exp points because of one second where I was about to win is just so frustrating.

I also agree that there should just be a flat win rate with like bonus points.

• uncomonfossil
    uncomonfossil Member Posts: 176 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Agrees 25 Likes

I think Pokemon is trying to avoid the situation on PTCGO Expanded where there were a lot of donk decks looking to win turn 1 or concede. It made Expanded rather unenjoyable. But there is a problem with what they have done.

Loosing out on XP because your opponent concedes is not great. I think full points for a win is probably best. The points for a loss could increase based on prizes taken to encourage players to continue a game even when they are behind.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/comment/15028#Comment_15028Easy solution would be to make it based on the number of turns primarily (a small requirement of 3-5 turns is fair) but also make it so that taking all prize cards rewards full XP regardless of turn count.

• ronw3asly
    ronw3asly Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

it’s 2024 and there has been no changes made by the developers. It’s still SUPER grindy to get cards/resources in game. UNLESS you buy packs/products IRL and enter the code into the game.

XP is still reduced on opponent concedes and daily challenges are minimal rewards. You have to basically win against impossible odds just AND hope your opponent doesn't concede just to get like 110xp out of 1500 needed to level up early on. 30 ish xp if you lose. Each game can last up to 15-20 min. It’s not a fun time.

I’d rather waste that time doing other things in life.