Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

iOS version battery and heat issues

Comments

• Kieraste
    Kieraste Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    5 Agrees Photogenic 5 LOLs Name Dropper

How funny that I encounter this post right after writing a unite bug post

this looks like a problem to do with how the game is handled more than anything. If you also find the game is crashing or running into errors often, it’ll be a more in-depth fault the staff need to fix themselves.

If not, it’s background processing and animations. If this is a simple game yet it’s overheating it’s due to the sheer amount of needless information it’s running in the background. Think user info or settings, combine that with all the internal info of Pokémon cards, effects, fancy fx and the other glitter, and you have a bargain-bin battery eater.

• Warmo161
    Warmo161 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

still an issue after I first tried the beta and coming back now

i wouldn’t be suprised if it’s just a simple fix by adding a frame rate limiter…

• Tidget
    Tidget Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic

Been a collector for years and finally decided to play the TCG on my phone.

I have a brand new iPhone 14 pro, just played a game against the AI (tested a deck) and my phone is sooo hot to the touch and my battery has gone from 73% to currently 40%

my brand new phone hasn’t had a single issue with battery at all and no other app does this?

I can’t keep playing if it’s going to be like this?…

• Spflan
    Spflan Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment

I had been playing this on my laptop and finally decided to give it a go on iOS. My iPhone 14 Pro got sooo hot I couldn’t figure out what was going on. Then I noticed that my battery was dropping about 1% per minute! Checking the iOS battery history, it says Pokémon TCG Live used up 33% in 35 minutes

I came here to see if anyone else had similar issues; good to see it’s not just me, but it’s also disappointing that it’s been this way for over a year now and the support staff don’t seem to have a plan to address it.

• djchicoz
    djchicoz Member Posts: 5
    Second Anniversary First Comment

Yes, over a year now and there’s one comment from a mod to pass it off to the developers. My advise is find a device or machine that runs it and don’t use it for anything else. It’s going to ruin my phone or laptop at some point.

• grriffinn
    grriffinn Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    5 Answers 100 Comments 25 Agrees Name Dropper

https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/comment/14422#Comment_14422Some of Live’s crashes tend to vary by phone model, ones with less RAM tend to crash more than those with more RAM, As far as I can tell the minimum amount of RAM needed to run Live appears to be 4 GBs.

• Barnse
    Barnse Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic

Leaving a comment here just to reiterate the EXACT same problem screaming into the void that is this thread.

Running Pokémon Trading Card Game Live on the following devices all leads to worrying levels of (high) temperatures and then in turn draining battery at an abnormally high rate.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

iPad Pro 12.9” (2023)

iPad Pro 12.9” (2020)

iPad 10th Gen (2022)

• Sigmandis
    Sigmandis Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Having the same issue on iPhone 14 Pro currently running iOS version 16.6.

Bettery drain is insane. Playing just two rounds of standard ranked took me from 99% battery to 27%. Please fix this issue! There’s no way to play this game on the go without risking your battery running out of charge.

• Mod_Skrilla
    Mod_Skrilla Moderator Posts: 293 mod
    5 Answers 25 Likes Second Anniversary 100 Comments

Hello Trainer,

I recommend you open a ticket with the support team for this instance. To do so, please visit https://support.pokemon.com/ and then click the Pokémon Trading Card Game Live link. From there click "Contact Us".

• djchicoz
    djchicoz Member Posts: 5
    Second Anniversary First Comment

Yes, over a year now and there’s one comment from a mod to pass it off to the developers. My advise is find a device or machine that runs it and don’t use it for anything else. It’s going to ruin my phone or laptop at some point.