Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What was the first starter pokemon you picked from the first pokemon game you ever played?

Answers

• DailyShaymin
    DailyShaymin Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment

Very hard to remember due to how young I was at the time, but either Charmander or Pikachu. Depending if I started with Yellow or not

• EmblemKing009
    EmblemKing009 Member Posts: 7
    Photogenic First Comment

Chimchar, I started with Diamond

• TLG_Luke
    TLG_Luke Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment

I got into Pokémon with X & Y, with my first starter being Fennekin!

• RememberMidis
    RememberMidis Member Posts: 13
    5 Likes 5 Agrees 10 Comments Photogenic

I think I tried to use Charmander in Red but the game was too hard for my as a child so I reset and chose Bulbasaur

• GenesectOnTOP
    GenesectOnTOP Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment

The first 2 games i was playing at the same times were Lets go Eevee and Pokemon shield. Not that much of an og to pokemon. I dont quite recall which one i played first but i think it was lets go Eevee since i was having problems trying to move with shield before, so In that case my actual first "starter" would have been Eevee. But iidont think Eevee really counts as its not actually a real starter pokemon, only A game exclusive one, so otherwise, my first ever starter was Sobble.

• Kaioshin213
    Kaioshin213 Member Posts: 11
    First Comment Photogenic Name Dropper

Think I first started with Charmander the first time I tried to play Red? Since I didn't know how to continue at some point I reset and then chose Bulbasaur and went through with it. So Bulba it is! The lizard was just a test run... :>

• Shine-Hammer
    Shine-Hammer Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Comment

Pikachu in Yellow. Besides that, a Totodile in Gold which I nicknamed Steve

• Beyku
    Beyku Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary

My first Pokémon game was SoulSilver, which I got as a gift a few days after release day in Australia, and the starter I picked was Totodile, which I named Timmy. I know everyone picks Cyndaquil, but I just don't see the appeal of that line... Anyways, ever since then, Totodile and Feraligatr have been my favorite Pokémon ever since. 💙

• Furrmaster23
    Furrmaster23 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

My first would be Cyndaquil in SoulSilver!

• Solarstråle
    Solarstråle Member Posts: 10
    First Comment Photogenic Name Dropper

Surprised to see so many older players here

Mudkip, Ruby version