Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What was the first starter pokemon you picked from the first pokemon game you ever played?

Answers

• honeysquids
    honeysquids Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I got my first game (Diamond) used and never deleted the original save after I got it (I was a kid) and the starter had been traded away so technically my starter was a zubat LOL I took it all the way to the end of the game too. crobat my beloved

• Joanlikespiplup
    Joanlikespiplup Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment

My first Pokémon game was a second-hand hgss, I was little and I didn't know I could erase the previous owner's playthrough. Thankfully, it was just a bit after getting the starter, so I was able to play without a problem, except for one: the starter. The previous owner had chosen Cyndaquill but I really liked Chikorita, so one day I started a new playthrough, not knowing that I wouldn't be able to save the process, and chose Chikorita. It was all fun until I got to the first gym and got absolutely destroyed XD. After that, I hated Chikorita for many years and started to appreciate Cyndaquill a lot more. Nowadays, Typhlosion is my favorite pokémon and I don't dislike Chikorita as much :D.

• PsycheZilla
    PsycheZilla Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment

Treecko ! gen 3 will always be my favorite generation :]

• JusDBerube
    JusDBerube Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment

Squirtle in Pokémon Blue on launch day.

• DragoniteMegaEv
    DragoniteMegaEv Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment

Piplup!

• VoloSeraph
    VoloSeraph Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

Mine was Cyndaquil in HeartGold, I was so happy to see Cyndaquil in PLA again <3

• JohnEsports
    JohnEsports Member Posts: 6
    Photogenic First Comment

I first had Yellow so Pikachu but in Leaf Green I had Bulbasaur!

• Totally_Neirda
    Totally_Neirda Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

My first game was platinum and I picked chimchar, in fact I recently beat bdsp and I have, you guessed it, chimchar and named it Wukong just like I did in my first game.

• Wizlor
    Wizlor Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

Squirtle in LeafGreen!

• TLG_Luke
    TLG_Luke Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment

I got into Pokémon with X & Y, with my first starter being Fennekin!