Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Crystal Economy

TheEPSD
TheEPSD Member Posts: 3
First Comment 5 Agrees

The crystal economy really needs to be changed. Currently, it takes 5 straight days of playing to get a single booster pack. Compare this to PTCGO, where you had login bonus + win rewards + daily quests. You could, in theory, get tons of booster packs a day just by playing, but we're extremely limited in PTCGL.

Comments

• Bornin985
    Bornin985 Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
    25 Agrees First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper

It's the only profit point, and it won't change.

• im_bon3z
    im_bon3z Member Posts: 11
    First Comment

How is it even a profit point you can't pur hase crystals for cash yet.

• Blazestorm413
    Blazestorm413 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I’m new to this online card game. I played MTG Arena for a while and recently got back into collecting Pokemon. This economy does seem unrewarding. With magic I could earn enough for a pack from a quest and the daily win. It was a grind, but still rewarding. This seems really imbalanced for playtime vs rewards - especially since there is no monetary purchases available yet. So its not even like they’re pushing you towards that!

• Betrayze
    Betrayze Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Agrees 5 Likes First Comment

Well you do get plenty in the battle pass for free. You earn slightly more over the same period compared to the packs on PTCGO. The main thing here is coins on ptcgo were a lot more free-flowing and ppl purchased packs with those. They were untradeable packs (never did see why they did that) and only made it so you had a ton of excess cards. I get you essentially get less packs now but you don't need as many packs anymore. You can cash in 400 celebrations codes and make any deck you want for the foreseeable future.

• EliThePokémon
    EliThePokémon Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

My feedback is cash for in game currency should be a thing, it would be great for pokémon co. because they could charge dirt cheap for the currency and get a lot of sales that way, and it would be useful for other players with change to get rid of

• Hlyja
    Hlyja Member Posts: 10
    First Comment Photogenic

You get plenty of 5 card Silver Tempest packs with the battle pass. As players, we can't build our card catalog or build unique decks outside of those packs. There is no variety. there were times when I got a few cards and started thinking I saw those cards in some other deck and I tried to build it. This is near impossible now.

For a pay to play feature, you already have it in the community. Buy real cards, or buy code cards. It's not a direct correlation for getting the exact cards you want, but it can build up your currency towards those cards.