Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

card over 4 copies when transfering turn into money?

angegabriel2k20
angegabriel2k20 Member Posts: 9
First Comment

Hello everybody,

my english is not perfect, i will try to explain you.

Can someone tell me when i will transfer the online account to live account, the card over 4 copies will turn into money?

example : i have 4 copies of mew v and mew vmax in online account

i have 4 copies of mew v and mew vamx in the live account.

In total, i will have 8 copies of ich, and will 4 on 8 copies turn into money?

can someone experience the subject? Should i more be clear?

thank you

Comments

• Baggetto
    Baggetto Member Posts: 97 ✭✭✭
    Second Anniversary Name Dropper 5 LOLs First Answer

No they won't

• Betrayze
    Betrayze Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Agrees 5 Likes First Comment

You lose them so best trading any cards you have more than 4 of on ptcgo before transfer. Also look what the starter decks are and trade some of those cards as they get given to you. I traded my genesect and mew before transfer as i got them back for free with the season pass.

• ShiningLancer
    ShiningLancer Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    Second Anniversary 100 Comments Combo Breaker Name Dropper

The faq says that your transfer limit is reduced for any cards you obtain in ptcgl. I believe that I saw a post on the sub-reddit with a message from support that stated you can still transfer 4 copies and you will get credits for the excess but I cannot find the post.

• ShiningLancer
    ShiningLancer Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    Second Anniversary 100 Comments Combo Breaker Name Dropper

I found the thread. I cannot link it because of site rules about linking off-site content. I have not received any warnings about describing off-site content though.

The thread is called "Question about migration" on r/ptcgl and it contains evidence from users and Pokemon support that you will be able to transfer 4 copies of cards from ptcgo and receive credits if you already own the cards on ptcgl.

• angegabriel2k20
    First Comment

Thanks you for all your answers. I will tell you how Many i earn during the transfer may be at the end of may.

• angegabriel2k20
    First Comment

HI everybody,

I've done the transfer. I've earn more or less 100 000 coins . Before migration, i've collected the brilliant star , the astral radiance ( during one month), the entire celebration set , plus all the cards since 3 years.

I could expect the final release of ptcgl to earn more but i've less time to play on both apps.

So for those who play on the 2 apps, i advice you to wait the last moment to transfer for more coins.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

@angegabriel2k20 Which currency are you talking about? Crystals, credits or coins? They're all different.

• angegabriel2k20
    First Comment

Sorry,

I'm confusing the coins with the credits. So i earn 100 000 credits (those who you can buy cards with).

• GreenStElite34
    GreenStElite34 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

I know somebody else mentioned it, so i want to ask to clarify as I have seen it reported both ways. That all cards over the 4 limit per card would be converted to credits. Also that all cards over the 4 limit per card would be essentially just lost. Can you confirm, the extra cards are not just lost?

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

@GreenStElite34 The extra cards are lost.