Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Suggestions on how to cut down on battery life and overheating issues for mobile

While playing Live on Android mobile, Ive noticed a lot of unnecessary visual features that are likely adding to the battery life drain and overheating issues. I'll list below what I note, but please feel free to add more so that we can try to make mobile more accessible!

1. The constant "screen-saver" graphic effect seen on the pokemon court between play.

2. The Lost Zone graphics.

3. The holofoil on cards.

I feel that these can be replaced with low-resolution alternatives made accessible in a lo-res mode and would mitigate phone problems that players experience when playing on anything below a carrier's flagship phone. Thanks for the opportunity to post!

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes
    edited June 2023 #2

They don't care.

These wouldn't change much anyway. The problem isn't that the game has too many effects; it's that this was clearly some 2.5GPA college student's project that got turned into a product to save money.

• Okrad
    Okrad Member Posts: 6
    First Comment

The only way to save battery is to not play the game.

There are a lot more of useless visual effects.

Random color explosions, random board effects, waves, glitter, shifting...

The end game effect is really too much explosion, avatar animation, lights, stars, rays...they really need to put a switch to turn off all this effects.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

I doubt that any of this would make a difference. The problem is the coding.

• PachirisuFan1
    PachirisuFan1 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes First Anniversary 100 Comments

my phone's settings app can highlight the most significant part of the system that an app is using...and for some reason the main use listed for the tcg live app is audio. I always play the game on mute, with the in-game sound manually turned all the way down, and it still shows "audio" as the main thing the app is using. It baffles me.

anyway the closest you can get to minimal battery drain is to use low power mode, wifi only, and don't even think about using the shop or deck editor because for some reason these cause heating even faster than just playing a match. Close the app and let the phone cool down as soon as the device starts warming up. Realize this often doesn't even let you finish a single match first. And then either accept your phone's fate or do the dailies and then nothing else. In the year 2023.

• MauExe
    MauExe Member Posts: 7
    First Comment

Still in mid 2024