Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Unable to select energy to retreat

I was playing a Gardevoir ex with Reversal energy and PAL Luxray deck earlier, and encountered a bug where i could not select which energy to use in my retreat cost.

I'm playing on mobile application. My opponent's deck was Full Faceguard Dialga Vstar with Magnezone. My decklist is here if relevant:

Midway through the game, i was trying to retreat my Luxray. In the previous turn, i had attacked using Reversal energy and we were now even on prizes so i needed to retreat into something that could attack. I attached a psychic energy to pay for the retreat cost. I clicked retreat but was unable to drag either of the energies to the selection box. When i tried dragging an energy it just wiggled. I had to wait for the game to time me out, at which point it selected the energies for me. It selected the reversal energy, which would have been a major misplay had i done that manually.

During energy selection:

After timing out, CRE Gallade is active and PAL Luxray is on the bench without the Reversal energy:

A turn later, i was trying to retreat my CRE Gallade. I had a Reversal energy and two psychic energies attached, intending to pay retreat using the psychic energies. I was ahead in prizes this time. The same bug happened again though, and i was unable to make the selection manually. Again the game had to auto-select my retreat cost and it chose one psychic and one Reversal energy, forcing a misplay.

I have a screen recording of this but cannot attach it to this post.

Had my opponent not been struggling to find rare candy, i would have surely lost through the discarding of two unrecoverable special energies. I am now reluctant to play this deck again as i dont want to lose games to this bug. My screen is physically clean and i did not experience any problems attaching energy through Gardevoir ex's Psychic Embrace ability.

Comments