Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Overall impression of Journeys and To be a Pokemon Master

Options
MajorBrendan
MajorBrendan Member Posts: 879 ✭✭✭
5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees First Comment

In short, non canon and grave disappointments in Ash's Journey. I would give both an overall rating of 0.1 out of 10000. Due to Goh, Chloe and their random globetrotting.

Comments

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Comment 5 Likes First Answer
    Options

1 out of 10000000000000000000000

heres what I think of each group

indigo league orange islands (original)

johto journeys (chikorita)

advanced (ranger episodes)

diamond pearl (hunter j)

black white (meloetta)

xy (amazing plot)

sun and moon (fun story)

journeys (what’s going on?)

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 685 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

Goh and Chloe are kind of just side characters more than partners, with Goh being an annoying brat more than a fun character. Johto Journeys and all the BW series were the best shows.

• MajorBrendan
    Options

@acornyo I do find both Goh and Chloe not just annoying but also extremely disappointing.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Comment 5 Likes First Answer
    Options

journeys made legendarys and mythicals have less personality I didn’t like that

• MajorBrendan
    Options

@clasingla I agree with that. I intend to correct that.

• MajorBrendan
    Options

@Acornyo I agree that Goh is just annoying while Chloe did little or nothing to improve the story. In short just a couple of dead weights need to be removed canonically.

• MajorBrendan
    Options

@clasingla I agree with you on that.

• Hey_PIKMIN
    Hey_PIKMIN Member Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 Likes First Comment 5 LOLs
    Options

@MajorBrendan I’ve said it before but I will say it again why are you so confident? Tons of people work at Pokémon and they’re all extremely talented, they don’t get in with sheer arrogance alone, have you even tried animation or game design? I have a dream of making animations but I know that I’ll never get to that level. Having a dream is one thing, but thinking that you will make it is just illogical. I don’t want to crush your dreams I just don’t want you being upset if you don’t make it. Please take my advice.

Anyways my overall opinion is that journeys had some good ideas, Chloe worked as a stepping stone for Liko and Goh was a character with good potential. I liked the idea of a Pokédex themed anime but I’d rather it be it’s own series. I also liked Iris and Dawn returning but I felt as if they could’ve been more important, like maybe being a part of the main group.

• MajorBrendan
    Options

@Hey_PIKMIN You would be surprised in the event that I am able to get in and execute my plan.

• Hey_PIKMIN
    Hey_PIKMIN Member Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 Likes First Comment 5 LOLs
    Options

@MajorBrendan I definitely would be considering the fact that they probably won't use many of your ideas such as bringing Ash back and making him marry Serena