Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Can we fix matchmaking??

Options

Theres several things wrong with matchmaking right now.

1. even though the game is in BETA around the entire world I still get it where I play the same person 3X in a row. This is doubly worse when you consider point 2.
  2. I seemingly always get drawn against a deck I am weak against or if I make anti-meta decks I never play against that deck anymore. What I mean by this is I was playing one of my many decks and was constantly drawn against Lugia who btw is vastly overpowered and making the game not fun anymore. So I make an anti lugia deck with arceus and Duraladon and play 5 games in a row with no lugia and pretty much only ppl with stone or fire pokemon which before I switched to Duraladon I may have played 5 maybe in the entire time I played (since launch) Now they coming at me left right and centre as arceus weak to stone and duraladon fire. Not one lugia in site. I switch my deck to urshifu and immediately against lugia again. I could say this is just bad luck but its happening all day pretty much every day. Only way I can win is if an opponent dead draws or I get an insane start up and block lugia evolving. This is coupled with point 1 where I keep playing the same person ONLY when they have a counter or vastly more powerful deck than me. I switch deck and get a new person immediately.

Please can something be done here. This is not sour grapes or anything but ptcgo was just so much more consistent at even games.

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Ironically, fixed matchmaking is probably the cause of point #1. You're finally only getting matched with people around your rank.

#2 is just bad luck on your part.

• Flagrama
    Flagrama Member Posts: 143 ✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer Name Dropper
    Options

I've never played against the same person multiple times in a row even during the closed beta. This sounds like incredibly bad luck, or you two literally being the only people searching at that exact time.

Lugia is a very popular deck right now. It is no surprise that you're playing against a lot of them right now. Especially since it is the deck given to you for free for the current battle pass.

---

If you're actually dealing with point 1 often enough that it's making point 2 worse, there is definitely something weird going on, however I've not run into this problem personally. Does creating a copy of a deck also cause you to change who you end up matchmaking with, or does it still match you with the same player?

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Ironically, fixed matchmaking is probably the cause of point #1. You're finally only getting matched with people around your rank.

#2 is just bad luck on your part.