Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Shiny profile pokemon

Options
clasingla
clasingla Member Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭✭
5 Agrees First Comment 5 Likes First Answer

does anyone hope they add shiny varients for profile pics

Comments

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

I agree with @UnovanZorua and think that there should be some sort of leveling up system to unlocking them, since everybody would just use the shiny versions and we would never have any real pokemon. Plus, half the shinies look too similar to their original forms for a difference to be noticeable, so maybe some sparkles in the background could help out with that. I think giving a player the shiny version of the avatar they use for like, twenty days in a row or something makes sense, encouraging people to keep using the same avatars. Plus that dodges confusion, so we should all do that.

• Hey_PIKMIN
    Hey_PIKMIN Member Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 Likes First Comment 5 LOLs
    Options

@OlderAngel11

I agree I changed after I saw tacolaser was a wooper too

• Hey_PIKMIN
    Options

I think it would be interesting to make it so that you got to choose one pokemon from the start and instead of badges you would get a few new pokemon and the harder the mission the better the pokemon and shinies could be a rare bonus like you get 1 a week

• Hey_PIKMIN
    Options

all at random of course

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

@Hey_PIKMIN The only reason I keep changing is because either somebody will start using the pokemon I'm using or I get bored of it. Once my favorite Pokemon, Poochyena, is released (which should be next, yippee!) then I'll probably just use him until they release Drilbur, who is also high up on my list of favorites.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

@UnovanZorua I don't think there should be any reward for levels, points, post counts or anything else on the forum. It's bad enough that we have like and agree buttons.

Rewards incentivise behaviour. If having a high post count gets you something, people will spam. If getting a certain number of badges or likes did it, people would beg for them.

If something like that was implemented, the quality of conversation would decline. Quality posting should be its own reward. If you don't see the point in that, why are you even here?