Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Fake Pokémon Cards

Options

Have you ever bought fake Pokémon cards? I have and it's so annoying when you think you just got an amazing card and you suddenly find out it's fake. It drives me crazy and it's illegal. I mean, seriously, shouldn't the Pokémon Company have taken these people to court years ago? Tell us what you think!

Comments

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

I think there’s too many fakes for Pokémon to take them all to court and you have to figure out what’s fake and what’s not on your own. I have personally NEVER been sold a fake on TCGPlayer and I have never heard of someone having been sold a fake on TCGPlayer so you could start buying individuals from there.

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 656 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Answer 5 Likes 5 Agrees
    Options

The thing about these is that it's like stopping a leak in a cartoon. Shut one hole, another opens. Shut that one, another one opens, and eventually you run out of things to cover them all, and they all leak.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

I used to own fakes, but I never tried selling them, and now, as a more serious player, I can easily tell the difference between a fake and a real.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

When I was little I bought Pokémon cards from small stores. Turns out the entire chest of Pokémon cards I collected as a kid was fake. Which should've been easy to tell but I was a kid, how was I supposed to know.

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Answer 5 LOLs 5 Agrees
    Options

I was fortunate to have never bought fake cards, my friend on the other hand had hundreds until he let me rip one to reveal the fact that it was a sticker

• SmartAlakazam
    SmartAlakazam Member Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

I bought this pack of cards a long time ago while on vacation in India, and they were ALL EXes. And all of them were fake.

• Scorbunny1scute
    Scorbunny1scute Member Posts: 224 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Answer 5 Agrees 5 LOLs
    Options

Same here. Though I bought 20 of them. The packaging said Sun & Moon Cosmic Eclipse.

• Scorbunny1scute
    Scorbunny1scute Member Posts: 224 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Answer 5 Agrees 5 LOLs
    Options

They all had just 8 cards, all EX and all fake. Also, they were in Sun & Moon Cosmic Eclipse packaging.

• fishy4you
    fishy4you Member Posts: 16
    First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

I used to have this one Braixen card that was so obviously fake like its insane it took me so long to figure it out. I cant remember where I got it, but the picture was all pixelated and the pokeball on the back was upside down, whoever made it glued it on the wrong way lol.