Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Your Ground Type Gym and Pokemon

Michael629303
Michael629303 Member Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭
250 Agrees First Anniversary 25 LOLs 100 Likes

If you were an Ground type gym leader what would your gym be like and what would your pokemon be.

My team would consist of Mudsdale, Golurk, Gliscor, Krookodile, Palossand, and Runerigus. The gym would be a rock climbing place and you will have to climb up but there are different paths you can take some taking you to trainers you have to fight, others to dead ends or back to the beginning.

This is the seventh installment in this series. The previous types that we have done include Normal, Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Ice, Fighting, and Poison. Make sure to go back and comment on those if you missed them!

Comments

• RusselX
    RusselX Member Posts: 35
    5 Likes 5 Agrees 5 LOLs 10 Comments

Lets see if I was a ground type gym Leader and then I'd finish it off with a crit. I don't even like Sinnoh

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 LOLs 50 Answers 500 Comments

For a type as universally OP as Ground, I'd probably be some sort of celebrity. And when I say celebrity, I mean some rich child who spends too much money, and is known universally for being, well, rich. You'd get driven up to my mansion via chauffeur, but then it turns out to be a Boltund at the wheel! You then'd have to take the wheel and drive all the way there while avoiding obstacles. Once you make it, I'd apologize and let you skip the real Gym Challenge, and then battle you.

Team:

-Clodsire

-Camerupt

-Flygon (ace)

-Mudsdale

-Wishcash

After you win, I'd probably get mad and run off (as children do), but then you'd chase me down and I'd give you an extra $100,000 for the hassle, and then I'd give you the badge, which would basically be a huddle of Woopers just sleeping.

• UnhinJed
    UnhinJed Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic

Let's seeeee

My team would probably include Excadrill, Krookodile, Gliscor, Garchomp, Clodsire and Mega-Swampert, if mega evolutions are allowed. If not, I'd go for a Seismitoad instead. And to add a lil' more to it, the badge name would be something like Seism Badge.

• DewyGooey
    DewyGooey Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Agrees 5 LOLs 10 Comments

Mmmmm yessss let's get down to eaaaaaaaaarth.

For this one, this one should be the eighth gym leader out of...well...eight. What should be the gym challenge? It should be a raid battle! But not just any raid battle! A raid battle against a giant level 80 Steelix! Apparently this Steelix has been blocking the end of the Victory Canyon (Victory Road is sooo last generation,) and therefore, you're basically forced to fight it before you even get to the Pokemon League. Trying to fight the Steelix when you aren't participating in the Gym Challenge would cause the Steelix to rise, but you'd be stopped by a Gym Trainer before you actually get to battle it.

Anyway, what's the actual Gym Challenge like? You'd simply gather the wimpy Gym Trainers (4 in all) in order to get them to join the raid battle. After you get the Gym Trainers and get to the Steelix, the raid battle will initiate. They will use certain status moves in order to help you with the battle, like Metal Sound.

Once you weaken the Steelix down to 1 hp, the Gym Leader would throw an Ultra Ball at the Steelix...

"Yoink.

*Shake*...*Shake*...*Shake*...*Click!*

"Yep. All's well that ends well. Gym Trainers, return to the Gym in five minutes."

"Thanks to you too, Gym Challenger. You still aren't getting the Gym Badge, though, because you have to defeat...*points to self*"

After that piece of dialogue, you finally get to challenge the Gym Leader. She has a Golurk, a Gliscor, a Claydol, a Palossand, & a Steelix. If you beat the Gym Leader, you'll get the Symbiosis Badge and TM106 (at the time) Drill Run. After beating the Champion, you'll get to fight the Gym Leader again and unlock Hyper Training Plus, run by the Gym Leader herself, where you can Hyper Train Pokemon using good ol' Bottle Caps. You can also fight Pokemon that give large Effort Values, such as Nidoqueen for HP, Nidoking for Attack, Golem for defense, etc, etc. It's complicated, too complicated. Don't get into it much if you aren't looking for a competitive playstyle.

If you wanted to challenge the Gym Leader again, she'll have a Golurk, a Gliscor, a Claydol, a Flygon, a Rhypherior, and a Steelix (the very same one she caught) in that order.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

i would be the third gym leader with a team consisting of sandslash vibrava and stunfisk

my postgame team would consist of sandslash flygon stunfisk gliscor gastrodon and steelix

• RusselX
    RusselX Member Posts: 35
    5 Likes 5 Agrees 5 LOLs 10 Comments

facepalm My original comment here got destroyed by Nintendo ninjas. My Gym would be part of an excavation process that also serves for the Player to progress the plot. You would need very heavy Pokemon that will be checked by my guy at the statue if you need to help out. After that, as a funny game mechanic, these Pokemon will be the only ones you'd be able to challenge me with. Isn't that fun? I will know the outcome of our battle and I will not be rechallengeable. LOL Isn't that funny? So yeah, I'd probably have 6 Pokemon while you probably will have four.