Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Trades

Options
SoroSorrow
SoroSorrow Member Posts: 49
First Answer First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes

Hello,

I know it was announced that TCG Live won't allow trades between players, but is it temporary or it's going to be implemented at some point?

Pokemon Trading Card Game. It's in the name, it would be silly to never allow players to trade cards. I just hope this decision is not a permanent one, because that would be a major downgrade compared to the actual Pokemon TCGO

Answers

• imnotemo
    imnotemo Member Posts: 13
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Agrees
    Options

find me another online trading card game that has trading i'll wait

• Betrayze
    Betrayze Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Agrees First Answer First Comment
    Options

Sadly I agree with above, no online card game allows trading these days. Most have switched to a dusting system and it works much better. I understand its in the name but its much better the system in live than in PTCGO. I can finally build a mew vmax deck or even build the zard-arceus deck now only weeks after launch of BS and I have not purchased a single BS pack or code. No way could I have done that on ptcgo without pretty much trading every single one of my cards and probably not even with that. I did that by simply opening older packs and dusting excess cards I couldn't play anyway.

I do not get why people want to die on this hill other than the fact they either use to be one of those people who used to be the people who exploited the market in ptcgo for their own gains (you know who you are) or are simply being pedantic.

• SoroSorrow
    Options

Ohh I see, I get your point! I'm not used to TCG games so I thought it was standard. I kinda like the crafting system indeed, but the problem is getting new cards. We can craft cards we already have, but cannot craft those we don't have at least once (or if we can, please tell me how!!).

It would be better to implement a way to get these new cards easily (other than by buying booster packs) or if not, at least make it easier to get boosters from older extensions. For example, I need a Bronzor (any legal will do). The only one I see is the Battle Style one. I bought 4 Battle Style boosters, but not a single one. And I can't get it by trading, neither by crafting it.

The prices for crafting cards is reasonable, but since we can't have cards we don't own yet, i feel like it's a pain.

• ChariChet
    ChariChet Member Posts: 4
    Options

We can craft cards we already have, but cannot craft those we don't have at least once (or if we can, please tell me how!!).

Select the pokemon filters button (three line with dots on them) and select the All button button in the Shown Cards section. It will show owned and non-owned cards.

• SoroSorrow
    Options

Oh wow, that's a Game Changer for me!! Thank you so much!

Maybe it already exsists, but you could confirm me: Is there a way to sell cards we don'T want for the Blue Currency? I know we get it by pulling cards in more than 4 copies, but the currency increases soooo slowly, it's hard to keep up.

If we could sell some cards in order to receive more of the blue currency, that would be perfect