Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

How do I make a good boost emblem set?

Options
Fluffyshep10
Fluffyshep10 Member Posts: 1

I’m honestly super confused, is using the recommended load out feature actually giving me a good set or is there something I should know?

Comments

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 LOLs
    Options

recommended sets are usually pretty bad. unite db has specific builds for each mon, but generally you either want to go brown for physical attackers, green for special attackers, and just invest in white/raw HP as well since defenses don't really matter. and you generally want all your negatives to be in the attacking stat you don't use (special attackers can put this in critical rate)

• SobbleBoi27
    SobbleBoi27 Member Posts: 14
    First Comment
    Options

• SobbleBoi27
    SobbleBoi27 Member Posts: 14
    First Comment
    Options

Making a good boost emblem set is super hard. Here are the basic ideas behind it...

Boost Emblems themselves have stat increases. These stat increase are nice, and have some decent potential… but the more meaningful aspect of boost emblems is the color bonuses. You can see color bonus descriptions by clicking the colors on the side of the screen. 

When you add a singular emblem… if gives a hard stat increase. Generally speaking, hard stat increases are not very significant compared to percentage increases. 

Therefore, you should prioritize make 2 color bonuses before making good hard stat increases.

The game will only activate the 2 highest count color bonuses, so don't worry about making a 3rd or 4th color bonus.

Brown(attack damage), green(special attack damage), black(move cooldown reduction), and white(Max HP increase) are the most common color bonuses.

Each color is based off of the emblem's typing. Some colors are found in abundance thanks to the many grass, water, and normal type pokemon from generation 1 and 2… but other colors are scarce, such as Gray(steel type) and Pink(fairy type). Using colors like Gray is redundant, since there are only 5 gray emblems available in the Emblem Dex… when 7 is required for the highest boost. 

The color-to-typing goes as follows…

Black- Dark

Blue- Water

Brown- Ground

Gray- Steel

Green- Grass

Navy- Dragon

Pink- Fairy

Purple- Psychic

Red- Fire

White- Normal

Yellow- Electric

That is why brown, green, black, and white are used the most... because they may not be the best stat increases in the game (I think the navy color bonus is the best... but you can't really use it because there are only 3 dragon type emblems in the game right now), but they are the best color bonuses that are actually achievable, since there are TONS of pokemon with ground(brown), grass(green), dark(black), and normal(white) types.

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 LOLs
    Options

responding to the above post:

making a good set is not hard at all. resources online have already done the work for you as i mentioned

"The game will only activate the 2 highest count color bonuses, so don't worry about making a 3rd or 4th color bonus." this is not true, many sets can optimally fit in 3 colours and you can test for yourself the effects in practice mode.

on colors and typings: brown is mostly rock/fighting, white includes flying, and poison is split between purple and black. however lugia and ho-oh are green and brown which are completely different so it's best to just judge based on your available options instead of game knowledge since dual types are pretty inconsistent too. ho-oh and lugia also have the best stats for attack and special attack.

• RaiLynnx
    RaiLynnx Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Here's a summary on the discussion above:

•Colors > Stat Bonus

•If you want some bulk, most of the times, investing in HP is better compared to def or sp. def.

Here's my addition;

•An attack type DPS will prefer brown and white, sometimes maybe red too.

•A sp. Attack type DPS will prefer green and black, sometimes white.

•For a defensive build, White would be the choice, and also black maybe?

•If you already manage the color and could swap some emblems, then this is the point where you would start to pick the emblems based on the stat bonus. (Usually, attack type DPS would prefer bonus on attack and crit. rate, while a sp. attack type DPS would prefer sp. attack and maybe some hp or mov.spd?)

• Jokemon811
    Jokemon811 Member Posts: 165 ✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper
    Options

I have no idea what you're talking about, I just started pokemon unite and i haven't heard of any of this stuff before.

• BrezzZzzy
    BrezzZzzy Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

• BrezzZzzy
    First Comment
    Options
  • BrezzZzzy
    First Comment
    Options