Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What's the difference between an defender and all rounder?

Options

Seems like defenders do more damage than all rounders?

Comments

• Michael629303
    Michael629303 Member Posts: 819 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes First Comment 5 Agrees 5 LOLs
    Options

Good question. I think that defenders are usually pokemon that have high hp and status moves to help more powerful pokemon nock them out (not goodra though, its just really strong). While all-rounders have even speed, attack, defense stats. I could be wrong though.

• FishDeluxe
    FishDeluxe Member Posts: 22
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Agrees Photogenic
    Options

I'd say defenders defend and all-rounders are spherical? I don't play pokemon unite haha

🐟️

• SmartAlakazam
    SmartAlakazam Member Posts: 338 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

@Tasear I’m confused too

• landiosswag
    landiosswag Member Posts: 22
    First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

so generally speaking defends exist as damage support. they're usually the ones in front to soak up hits and try to hinder the opponents for example slowbro has scald that exists as aoe damage that on hit applies the opponent with 5 seconds of damage over time and slows them down or trevanent who is a bastard. while all-rounders are basically attackers but sometimes have less damage than attacker and more bulk. but there are some that just are the saddest thing in existence like tsereena who no longer does anything or machamp who has never cooked since the game came out

• Kieraste
    Kieraste Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    5 Likes Name Dropper 5 LOLs 5 Agrees
    Options

Defenders are essentially giant walls designed to soak up damage and be as annoying as humanly possible, ex. Lapras allowing teammates to kill enemies easier with Perish Song and/or freezes, Blastoise dealing rapid DPS damage and/or heavy knockback

All-Rounders are balanced melee brawlers that want to get in a enemies face and deal sustained, major damage over a period of time and often require advanced knowledge of matchups and what your moves do.