Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Pokémon Hot Takes

Dedenne90524
Dedenne90524 Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
First Anniversary 25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes

I want to stir up something here, but give me your Pokémon hot takes, I prefer ones related to the pokémon than the actual games

IMO, almost all of the popular pokémon are overrated. I want to share some Pokémon I think look better in my opinion rather than a more popular and well-liked Pokémon of the same type

Primarina> Greninja, Ampharos> Pikachu, Watchog> Lechonk, Goomy> Rayquaza, Lampent> Gengar

Riolu> Lucario, Altaria> Charizard, Fortress> Dialga, Dartrix> Sceptile, Chandelure> Blaziken

Honchkrow> Umbreon, Latias> Gardevoir, Carbink> Aerodactyl, Dedenne> Sylveon, Frigibax> Glaceon

and… Spewpa>>> Beedrill. Please don’t bash anyone’s opinions and I’m looking forward too seeing these hot takes!

Comments

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

Delphox is not ugly, though it takes a bit to get used to thanks to how common hate towards it is. Once you stop calling it ugly because everyone else does, you realise it's a really cool Pokémon.

People should also stop hating on it because it didn't become a cute girl like Braixen. While Braixen looks cutesy and like a magical girl, Delphox looks more mature and more like a witch instead. Obviously, they're different.

But barely anybody complains about how different Wartortle and Blastoise are, even though it's weirder and the only thing they have in common is being bipedal turtles and their colours.

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 722 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 LOLs 50 Answers 500 Comments

Hoenn is the worst region by a long shot.

• FishDeluxe
    FishDeluxe Member Posts: 22
    10 Comments Photogenic 5 Agrees Name Dropper

• FishDeluxe
    FishDeluxe Member Posts: 22
    10 Comments Photogenic 5 Agrees Name Dropper

Imo the best dragon types are the goomy line, a perfect balance between cute and cool - Ash is a bad protag tbh, team rocket are wayyyy better, sprigatito is mid at best, galar had generally the best pokemon designs (apart from mr mime, but that's because the og design sucks seedots), inteleon is FAR cooler than the other galar starters, the past two gens have been A) The UK, and B), the Iberian peninsula(which includes Portugal), but theres NO nando's pokemon, a HUGE missed opportunity bc there's an interesting backstory behind the rooster, and I'm not sure, but I think Masuda even went to one once, and I think people should stop buying pokemon games if it means we're supporting a bad , buggy, unfinished product.

🐟️

• Jirarudan
    Jirarudan Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Agrees 5 Likes

PEOPLE THINK DELPHOX IS UGLY? WHAT?

Anyway, Galactic is best evil team and people who don't understand why they would want something so horrific need to think about Cyrus as a character and what his life has been like.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees First Anniversary 250 Likes 1000 Comments

Poochyena, Dragonite, Wigglytuff, Bulbasaur, Sprigatito, Bellibolt, Goomy, and Wooper> ALL.