Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Follow up Kerzap

We all know that switching to clear "next turn this pokemon can't attack" works as intended, but I had an interaction with pincurchin where my opponent used stun needle and paralyzed my pokemon, I used an escape rope to heal the paralyze and to push pincurchin to the bench, which I thought would prevent a follow up kerzap. But then they used a switch and pulled they're pincurchin back up and was able to use follow up kerzap. Is this correct? I assumed based on the card text that it would work backwards of a Miraidon attack, for example. Thanks!

Best Answer

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes
    #2 Answer ✓

No bug here. Switching only removes effects of attacks. It doesn't cause the game state to forget what attack was used last turn.

Answers

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Agrees

Not sure exactly how this would work, but I think that because it just says on Follow-up Kerzap "This attack can only be used if you used stun needle last turn", and Pinurchin still used that attack, it would work. I'm not sure relating it to a Miraidon ex is a great comparison, because Miraidon says it can't attack but Follow-up kerzap is based of having used an attack. I'm not one-hundred percent sure I am correct on this, but this is my first thought.