Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Forest Seal Stone - infinite uses

As stated above, the card is bugged and needs one of those insta-ban quick turn actions. The game is unplayable at the moment

Comments

• jon11w
    jon11w Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees First Anniversary 100 Comments 5 LOLs

Another release with a game breaking bug. Mew Vmax is one of the most popular decks in the game. Forest Seal Stone has been predicted to be added to the deck for months. Why was it not tested? This isn't some rogue interaction.

• GadgetBadger
    GadgetBadger Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Likes First Anniversary 10 Comments

It appears to only affect Genesect. Others tested didn’t work

• Flagrama
    Flagrama Member Posts: 143 ✭✭
    100 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Answers 5 Likes

@jon11w There are over 200 cards in just the set. There are changes to the cards themselves and changes to the engine constantly. These can also affect interactions with the other 1000+ cards currently in Standard. You literally cannot test every single card interaction. If you tested a card 5 different times and it worked fine, you'll be less inclined to test it as other changes occur especially if other cards have been having issues. There's also the fact that very often only the "happy path" gets tested, and nobody thinks of a possible bad interaction between cards and engine for testing. There's also plenty of small things that can get missed when reading text and trying to turn it into logic. Reading is hard, especially if you're looking at so much card text that reads similarly. The brain likes to find patterns and will try to use shortcuts to understanding something, which doesn't work well together with figuring out precise logic. All of these factors combine to cause bugs that can be missed in testing.

• Lambalazar
    Lambalazar Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    25 Likes 5 LOLs 10 Comments 25 Agrees

@Flagrama We need more people with your outlook, hard agree

• jon11w
    jon11w Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees First Anniversary 100 Comments 5 LOLs

@Flagrama I agree with all of that, and it is definitely not an easy task. What makes it easier, however, that only a small portion of the cards that are legal are actually played. Of those that are actually played, Genesect V is one of THE most played in the game. There must be priority when it comes to testing, and when it comes to testing a card like this new trainer, the Mew deck was a clear candidate.

This is on top of the fact that we've just had a very, very similar bug with Enamorus V so the triggering of abilities should have been even higher up the priority list.

I accept that we will have bugs each set but it's worth thinking about the testing process when the number of game breaking bugs isn't reducing each set.

I don't want to doubt accusations and I'm not saying "they're not doing their jobs". It's hard, I get it - I've tested lots of software myself. Apologies if if sound like I'm being too harsh.

• FrancoBond
    FrancoBond Member Posts: 5
    First Comment

Hi, I just encountered the same bug. My opponent used the effect of the Forest Seal Stone infinitely. Is it normal ?

• Flagrama
    Flagrama Member Posts: 143 ✭✭
    100 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Answers 5 Likes

Got it to happen on Raikou V too. Looks like the game doesn't expect you to use a "Once during your turn" ability and then the VSTAR ability from the card. I was able to continuously use it until I set up another Pokemon with the stone, then used the VSTAR ability on it. It then registered properly as a VSTAR ability and I couldn't use it on either Pokemon from then on.