Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

CodeCardRedemption does not work properly

Hey there,

The Task for CodeCardRedemption seems to give an error quite often.

The game crashes around 1/10 times when I open 10 packs at a time with the screen just being forzen on "Loading".

This seems like a major bug as opening packs is kind of a essence of a TCG.

I would suggest an inventory of packs that are already redeemed so that players can open them after they redeemed the packs, this way if the game crashes while redeming codes it is not an issue as the player can open them after that.

I tested this with around 1000 packs so its not a one time thing.

Comments

• Monsieur-Master
    Monsieur-Master Member Posts: 15
    10 Comments 5 Agrees

I had the same problem when Lost Origin was released and I tried to open my pre-release boosters. After the first one, the game just crashed.

I opened a ticket about this and they confirmed that (at least) the cards were added to my collection, but I lost all the fun of opening the boosters and seeing the new cards =\

Now I scan at max 3 code per time before opening them, just to be sure, but even with that, already had some issues like freezing the game or just "jumping" cards/boosters.

• Mod_Butterfly
    Mod_Butterfly Member Posts: 67 mod
    First Answer First Anniversary 10 Comments

Hey there, Trainer.

This problem can have many reasons to occur and because of that, I recommend for this instance you open a ticket with the support team. Please go to:  https://support.pokemon.com/hc/en-us/articles/360054700932-Contact-Us.

To make the process more simple, please send any screenshots or steps you have done prior to this error when submitting your ticket.

• MrMindIess
    MrMindIess Member Posts: 5
    First Comment

I documented the cases that happened after I made this post. I will report my findings in a ticket as well as possible.

This happens on a frequent basis and with the game going live soon this will probably put a lot of people off so I hope this can get fixed soon.