Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Heatmor and charizard ex bug

Options

I don't know if these are bugs or I just missed something but in regards to heatmor(041/264):

Exciting Flame's description reads: If this pokemon has at least 3 extra energy attached (in addition to this attack's cost), this attack also does 180 damage to 1 of your opponent's benched pokemon.

How I've been experiencing it in game: they're able to do 180 damage to my benched pokemon while they only have 3 energies attached to the card (not in addition)

Secondly, for charizard ex(125/197)... I don't know if I missed a damager multiplier played or something but his Burning Darkness attack did 600 damage for some reason.

His attack description reads: This attack does 30 more damage for each prize card your opponent has taken.

I only had taken one prize card and my pokemon didnt have a weakness to fire. My pokemon was Shadow Rider Calyrex VMax for reference. In theory I should have taken 180+30 damage... not 600.

Thanks

Comments

• Mod_Skrilla
    Mod_Skrilla Moderator Posts: 269 mod
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer First Comment
    Options

Hello Trainer,

We want to make sure the proper team has visibility on this. To submit this to the support team, visit support.pokemon.com then click the Pokémon Trading Card Game Live link. From there click "Contact Us". Please provide additional details and attach screenshots, card expansion & number, or anything else helpful that could give the team more context. We appreciate you reporting this and sending us additional information.

• pikayou
    pikayou Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer Name Dropper
    Options

Did your opponent have Pokemon GO's Charizard in play? Its ability 'Burn Brightly' doubles Fire energy, so Heatmor would only need 3 energy to get the bonus effect from Exciting Flame

And OBF's Charizard ex isn't a Fire type, it's Darkness type - which your Calyrex is weak to.

• BunnySauce
    BunnySauce Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper 5 Agrees
    Options

In regards to the Heatmor, did your opponent have the Charizard from Pokemon GO in play? Its ability makes each Fire energy count as 2 Fire energy, so 3 energy would effectively become 6.

On the Charizard ex front, it's important to remember the tera Charizard ex is actually a dark type Pokemon, and Shadow Rider Calyrex Vmax is weak to dark. So, if you had taken 4 prizes, your opponent's Charizard ex would hit for 180+(4*30), which would be 300, which would then be doubled for weakness to hit for 600.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

The "I didn't read all cards and instead made a random assumption" bug strikes again.