Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

The most pointless card of all time? (Snorlax Doll)

Options
playhavock
playhavock Member Posts: 4

Its only good for setup, after that - it has zero function. If you get it into play, great - but you can only get it in place one time... that's it. No returning it to play from discard/hand/deck - why is this a card? Maybe some card will come out to make it playable? You should be able to play it at least first or second turn or something... what the?!!?! WHY?!

Comments

• PachirisuFan1
    PachirisuFan1 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

It can be used as a buffer if you're trying to set up safely (notably, this potentially gives more wiggle room for decks that specifically apply energy to benched mons, the most common example being electric generator), and the card text doesn't say anything about it not being able to attack, so while it's not likely to be a viable option often, you could feasibly use it to burn a technical machine attack if you need to attach tools to actual attackers. I feel like it's more of a "nice to have with certain setups" card than something you should make your setup actively rely on.

if you wanted to just do something funny with it attaching a luxurious cape turns it into a 250hp wall. And then people can argue over how the card text should resolve.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Lol. It's very niche, but not pointless. There are way more pointless cards available, and I would not be surprised to see that you have some in your own decks.

• SpiderX36068185
    SpiderX36068185 Member Posts: 40
    Name Dropper 5 LOLs First Answer First Comment
    Options

Once my brother got soft-locked against a brand new player. He had no switches or anything that could help. His opponent had a Chi-u ex and he got decked out! He got a little mad.lol

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

It's not completely useless, in the sense of the word… but it is still really bad.

• SpiderX36068185
    SpiderX36068185 Member Posts: 40
    Name Dropper 5 LOLs First Answer First Comment
    Options

Why did I get flagged?

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 413 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

🤷‍♂️ idk but don’t worry about it; I don’t think the flags do anything besides alert the moderators, and obviously they can tell your message wasn’t abuse.

But maybe it was your brother 😜

• Octowen
    Octowen Member Posts: 413 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

Oh and that message / \ was to @SpiderX36068185, for got to mention you with the @ symbol so wanted to make sure you got the notification.