Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Boss’s Order

G’day

a small suggestion for cards like boss’s order. I was playing on my iPad and while I was attempting to drag a card from my opponent bench to the active zone, the iPad or software lost tracking of my finger and put the card I was dragging back into the bench where it was originally and cancelled the effect all together. This cost me the match unfortunately. There should be a but we can click on the cancel the card effect to avoid things like this from happening.

Comments

• Flagrama
    Flagrama Member Posts: 143 ✭✭
    100 Comments 5 Answers 5 Agrees Name Dropper

You're not allowed to play a Trainer card for no effect if the game state disallows it. In this case, you played Boss's Orders so you cannot leave the same active in play because the game state won't allow that. The only way you should end up in that situation is if there is another effect that blocks Boss's Orders' effect.

For example, if there were a Thievul (Astral Radiance 104) on their bench, you only had 1 or 2 prizes remaining, and you had selected a Pokémon V (V, VMAX, or VSTAR) the effect of Boss's Orders would be prevented as it is an effect happening to the benched Pokémon.

Are you sure there wasn't any other effect at play when this happens? Even if you run out of time the only option the client should have is to randomly select a benched Pokémon to promote because choosing "nothing" isn't a legal option.