Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Any players in South Africa that cant play?

Options

Hi all, the game crashes on mobile and pc after a few minutes of being logged in, can never get further then the avatar creation screen, playing from South Africa,any others with this issue? Thanks a mil

Best Answer

• JoeSmash9
    JoeSmash9 Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Answer First Comment
    #2 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi, I live in PE and I use the most terrible internet connection that we have available; Rain xD I had so many issues even getting the game to open and I had/have the now popular "loading data 7/40" bug cycle, however once I switched to using mobile data to play using my phone's portable hotspot I had far fewer issues. I haven't tried the android version and have only ever tried on PC.

If this does work for you please let me know, otherwise try this

Start -> Settings - Network and Internet Settings -> Proxy -> Automatically detect settings: Off

Answers

• Nats77
    Nats77 Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Hi @JoeSmash9 you are a legend!! Thank you so much the hostpot trick worked immediately on pc. Didnt want to load on mobile for my ipad and android phone. Just grateful to get this feedback so I can play. Thanks a mil!

• Nats77
    Nats77 Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

@JoeSmash9 Awesome I got the mobile app working now to for both ios and android to with the hotspot trick! Happy gaming…

• JoeSmash9
    JoeSmash9 Member Posts: 3
    Name Dropper First Answer First Comment
    Options

@Nats77 awesome!!! I’m so stoked! Let’s play together sometime if you’re keen? my IGN is @JoeSmash9 haha!

happy playing!