Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

your favorite pokemon when you first got into pokemon?

I think it is interesting different pokemon were available for different people depending on when they first got into pokemon

do you remember any of your favorite pokemon from when you first got into pokemon?

mine were pikachu, poliwhirl, onix, charizard, charmeleon, blastoise, mewtwo, mew, articuno (used to be a top fave), arbok, ekans, tauros, kabuto, caterpie, pidgeotto, muk, magikarp, ditto, porygon

Comments

• Alex_Vaporeon
    Alex_Vaporeon Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Agrees 100 Comments Name Dropper

Piplup. The first Pokemon card I got was a Piplup that my brother didn't want, and I just fell in love with it instantly. I mean, who doesn't love a cute, tiny penguin? After that it was Sylveon, then Espeon, and finally Vaporeon. :)

• Michael629303
    Michael629303 Member Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭
    250 Agrees First Anniversary 25 LOLs 100 Likes

Mine was grininja. it was my first pokemon when I got Y and I had loved it.

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 806 ✭✭✭
    100 LOLs 100 Likes 100 Agrees 500 Comments

Alakazam because psychic was so strong. In fact I'd run the game with Kadabra even because they were so strong.

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 LOLs 50 Answers 500 Comments

Never got the games until a while after I got into Pokemon, but my first favorite Pokemon, and one of the first I've seen, was Azurill. Easily the best Normal Type.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

I don't really remember what it was when I first got into Pokémon, maybe Talonflame because that was the only Pokémon in the party of the used Pokémon X that was my first game. Probably not though.

The first favourite I actually remember was Litten (I chose it as my first starter), as Sun was the first time I actually played a Pokémon game on my own (I might've liked Solgaleo/Lunala too).

(I totally didn't box it before the League or lose the game card years ago)

Unironically my current top 3 are Delphox, Fennekin, and Braixen in that order. Some people just don't change much I guess.

• YagoFuecoco
    YagoFuecoco Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Answers 5 LOLs 100 Comments

I really love the Pokémon Oshawott, he was my first Pokémon when I played Pokémon White, I chose him, you know, he's a very cute Pokémon, he's a very special Pokémon to me, and he's one of the reasons for Pokémon Black and White be a super special game for me

• TURTLEEEEEE
    TURTLEEEEEE Member Posts: 49
    Photogenic Name Dropper 5 Likes First Anniversary

I just loved snorlax and still do

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

It used to be Piplup since I liked penguins. Nowadays I still really like the line but wouldn't call it my all time favorite.

• Dedenne90524
    Dedenne90524 Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes

My first favourite was Meowth, because it was the coolest-looking one out all the pokémon in Pokémon Playhouse. I got into Pokémon for a few months ,then lost interest for a year. After that I still couldn’t decide… and then the unexpected happened. One night I saw 2 Furret in Pokémon Go. And that’s how Furret became my favourite Pokémon. And then, I tried to find cute videos of Furret, instead I was greeted with furret walk memes. I didn’t like them at the start, but began to embrace them. And after a long while, my favourite pokémon is now Rowlet (the best pokémon ever.)

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

I am not sure if I can recall with certainty which were my favourites when I first started playing, save for the ones I still like today.

I had intended to pick Charmander when I got the game, and picked Red for that reason: Charizard was on the box. I actually picked Squirtle when the moment came however, because I liked the one with sunglasses from the anime.

I recall reading a book featuring a Scyther, which may have been an anime novelisation, and loving it ever since.

The legendary birds have always been favourites, particularly Articuno, the first one I caught. Mew and Mewtwo I loved too. I even got a Mew from an event.

Koffing I always found funny due to its expression. I thought Jigglypuff was cute and I was amused by its antics in the anime.