Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Has the images button been removed?

Options
UnovanZorua
UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭✭
First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs

I checked, previous posts still have images, but I can't find the button anymore. I wanted to post art here weekly since the Internet is good motivation so I don't forget to practice at least, but I can't see the button anymore.

Has it just been moved? I'm not sure if it was deleted or something else.

Comments

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

I think they might be afraid of people posting risqué things similar to what we saw when Twitter became aware of these forums. Even if it hasn't happened yet, the potential is there.

Plus people posting their own art of Nintendo properties probably has their zealous legal department champing at the bit.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

@TheJeffers

But can't they make it so images guarantee a post needs to be manually approved? They already do that with longer posts and the like.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

@UnovanZorua Believe me, I know they do that with longer posts.

I suspect that they will have reached the conclusion that it is better to close the door pre-emptively and prevent anyone from uploading any images in the first place, rather than making more work for the moderation staff.

I also suspect that a lot of features to which we have had access up until now were simply features included with generic forum software rather than privileges the administrators wanted users to have. They just neglected to disable them until now.

But these are my best guesses, nothing more. I have no insight into the administrators or their thought processes, unless they deign to elaborate upon them.