Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Pokemon Unite is unreasonable, as far as I can tell.

Hey fellow trainners,

I'm here to share an incredibly frustrating experience I've had with Pokemon Unite regarding my username "FFFUUUSSS". Since 2011, I've been using the username "FFFUUUSSS" across many platforms, including Pokemon and Nintendo. It's more than just a quirky letter arrangement, it's part of me. My username is simple to remember and has helped me become friends with many players when we run across each other again after a previous match, and I never encountered any issues until Pokemon Unite deemed it inappropriate without providing any explanation.

I reached out to their support team, hoping for some clarification on why my longstanding username was flagged within the game. Unfortunately, I received no response despite multiple attempts through support forms and game feedback.

I notice that my ticket status was set to solved as the default, which is weird, so I try to reply to the same ticket to change the status to open, then staff names appear to be assigned on my ticket, but after some time, my ticket was set to solved with no response at all.

To make things more puzzling when I attempted to change my username back to "FFFUUUSSS", the game said it contained an invalid words.

I'd be appreciated if someone could tell me what combinations of characters in my name can be used to make unacceptable words.

I used to defend this game because I believe there are reasons behind what they do (for example, I believe they do not give renaming cards as a punishment), but the current state of the game has negatively impacted my overall enjoyment and made me regret my previous decisions.

Despite my love for Pokemon and my support for this game, I'll be taking a break from Pokemon Unite until I have found an acceptable solution to my problem. It hurts that I couldn't use my Blaziken when it finally showed up in Pokemon Unite, yet I didn't complete the battle pass to receive Tyranitar holoware. I decided to stop playing the game because I don't want to feel betrayed anymore.

It's been a little over a week now. My foremost hope is that the development team takes the feedback from players like myself, ensuring a smoother and more enjoyable experience for everyone, and I wish no one else in the community experiences the same problems as I did. I've been a part of Pokemon Unite since the beginning, and I hope to be a part of it again.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Comments