Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Epic moments in the games?

Options
Mechxel
Mechxel Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
5 Agrees Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment

What are some epic moments in the games for you? Things that shocked you? Put you on on the edge of your seat, so to speak.

Best Answers

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs First Comment
    #2 Answer ✓
    Options

The ending of SV is one of the more recent ones, aided by the fact that I didn't get spoiled for it like every game before XY and the entirety of PMD (otherwise PMD would probably be the most memorable for me).

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 380 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes 5 LOLs 5 Agrees First Comment
    #3 Answer ✓
    Options

I remember being shocked a gym leader was the leader of team rocket. It took me a while to digest that information. I don't know if it's possible to top that.

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    #4 Answer ✓
    Options

When it turned out Volo was evil. I really liked him until he wiped out my team twice and threatened to kill me.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 884 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    #5 Answer ✓
    Options

The first time I saw the reveal that your rival was the new champion in gen 1. I thought I was done with the game after Lance, but... nope. It was so satisfying to beat him.

Then finding Mewtwo in the Cerulean Cave. That fight still sticks with me.

In gen 2, finding out that you could return to Kanto post-game blew my mind, and set that up as an expectation going forward, which is one of the reasons I found gen 3 so disappointing.

Also the fight with Red on top of Mt. Silver. If the series had ended there, that would have been a fantastic climax and book end with which to do it.

Sadly later games emulated the story beats and tropes of the first two gens a little to closely. I often feel that I have done it before.

I suppose N's Castle and the fact that he had beaten the champion was a shock reveal at the end of Black and White, but the idea that Team Plasma had hidden a castle under the Pokémon League or whatever was supposed to be happening there took me out of the moment with sheer bemusement.

• Michael629303
    Michael629303 Member Posts: 906 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes First Comment 5 Agrees
    #6 Answer ✓
    Options

When I found out that Lillie was the sister to Gladion and that they are both the children of Lusamine. I thought that was a surprise. I had thoroughly enjoyed the sun and ultra sun story line.

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 556 ✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Likes First Answer 5 LOLs
    #7 Answer ✓
    Options

Kieren at the end of the Teal Mask, I will not spoil anything for anyone

on a semi-related note, Ogerpon's battle theme has no right to be so good

• emaolivia
    emaolivia Member Posts: 1
    First Answer First Comment
    #8 Answer ✓
    Options

The conclusion of SV stands out as one of the more recent ones I've experienced. What made it particularly special was that, unlike every game prior to XY and the entire PMD series, I managed to avoid any spoilers. In fact, had I not been spoiled for the others, PMD might have been the most memorable for me.

• Charmandi320
    Charmandi320 Member Posts: 10
    First Answer First Comment Photogenic
    #9 Answer ✓
    Options

Definitely Volvo being evil

Answers

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 884 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

@Charmandi320 Liking the way they handled it storywise is one thing, but were you actually surprised by the reveal? I thought that guy would turn out to be the villain the second I laid eyes on him. Same with Rose.