Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Which Kanto Pokemon are very special to you?

Options
YagoFuecoco
YagoFuecoco Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
5 LOLs First Comment 5 Likes 5 Agrees

I love the Pokémon: Bulbasaur, Pikachu, Sandshrew, Vulpix, Growlithe, Seel, Arcanine, Dewgong, Dragonite and Mew, these Pokémon from Kanto are very special to me, I played with them a lot, and I love having one of them in the Pokémon games, when I played Pokémon Stadium I always had one of these Pokémon on my team, even when I played the classic Kanto games, and even in games outside of Kanto I always have one of these Kanto Pokémon, I think the first 151 Pokémon are very special to me, because they were the ones who started Pokémon, I love seeing how the Kanto Pokémon evolved after the Red & Green games, some of them even gained another stage of evolution, like Tangela which since Diamond & Pearl can evolve into Tangrowth, I confess that in the Diamond & Pearl games, I always get a Tangela to add a Tangrowth on the team, or also our dear Snorlax, who in Diamond & Pearl he got a pre-evolution, Munchlax, which to be honest, is one of the bad favorite and special Pokémon, I love the first 151 Pokémon, they will always have a special place in my heart, and I'm very happy that in the Scarlet & Violet DLC, most of them returned to the games, and I'm loving the new TCG of the 151 Pokémon, I'll never forget the first 151 Pokémon, nor the more than a thousand Pokémon that exist now, Pokémon are very special to me

Comments

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Wartortle and Squirtle will always remind me of back when they were my favourites many years ago, back when I was a newbie. Things were a lot nicer and less complicated, and I was pretty happy. Time changes a lot of things, doesn't it?

...but my avatar is Jolteon because it looks cooler, especially in this art style. Nostalgia isn't enough to make something cooler, I guess.

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 686 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

Although none of the First Gen Pokemon have really stuck to me (I prefer Johto), I remember reading my first Pokemon handbooks, way before I got the games, and seeing Slowpoke. Slowpoke has since been one of my favorite Pokemon ever, and I've shiny hunted for him every chance I get. After all, what's better than two shiny slowpoke? Infinite.

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 362 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes 5 LOLs 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

Ditto. I think it's underrated.

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Agrees First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

Bulbasaur, Wigglytuff, Raichu, Flareon, (Best eevelution) and Dragonite. I just generally like them all. Charizard is overrated.

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees 5 LOLs First Answer First Comment
    Options

Probably the Squirtle line- my first ever team included a Blastoise and I've encountered Squirtle several times since.

It's also my main partner in Masters EX.