Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

My thoughts and feedback for ptcgl

Ucalay13
Ucalay13 Member Posts: 1

I have recently installed ptcgl and have A LOT of feedback, this will be split into a couple of sections

1. animations/peformance
  2. customizabiltity
  3. economy
  4. Avatars

Section 1: Animations and peformance

My single biggest issue with ptcgl is the animations. They are intrusive, often take in excess of 5 seconds on lower end system and you cannot interact with anything with them during them. simply putting a crobat v into active during setup causes a literal explosion of darkness animation that when timed lasted 12 seconds before i could interact again! The animations also make the minimum and reccomended windows specs a total lie. I have pretty much precisely the reccomended specs and it is pretty much a slideshow. I do not recall people ever complaining about the animations in ptcgo and peformance was great in it, not to mention it had graphical settings beyond fullscreen. Its unoptimized and if anything, it should be running better then ptcgo!

Section 2: Customizability

As previously mentioned, there are no graphical settings besides fullscreen (which barely even works!). For a game releasing in 2023, It would be appalling not to have at least a low-medium-high graphics settings system, have the animations be toggleable (they take so long they dig into timer) and just basic settings that literally every other game of the genre has. In terms of settings ptcgl is a regression from ptcgo

Section 3: Economy

We were promised so much, yet we got little. tier 1 decks such as palkia inteleon will take 3 months to get. with all rewards from battle pass and daily quests. 3 months!, thats is so much worse than ptcgo, the one pressing issue was ptcgo was how unfriendly to new players it was and it has become worse. whilst the starter decks are good, if you dont want to buy codes from a third party online source thats what your stuck with for a WHILE. the battle pass needs to lean more towards to credits daily rewards need to be far more rewarding otherwise what was ptcgl even for? deleting ptcgo accounts?

Section 4: Avatars

This section is simple, nobody liked them in ptcgo, nobody likes them in ptcgl. they're ugly and creepy, they sit at the side of the battle being downright scary with blank expressions on their faces. I've heard ten of thousands of people saying just let people pick/unlock pokemon to be their avatar. it seems easy enough i dont know why its yet to be implemented

Summary of what should be done to improve it

1. Give the player less packs and more credits
  2. Allow players to trade cards for credits before they reach a playset so they can switch alt arts for multiple regulars for example
  3. make people pick pokemon to be their avatars
  4. make their be actual settings
  5. Optimize it
  6. FIX THE ANIMATION ISSUE!!!