Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What are tags?

Options
UnovanZorua
UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭✭
5 LOLs First Comment 5 Agrees 5 Likes

That thing below a question or discussion when writing them. What's their purpose? I've pressed the popular tags part a few times before, but it says "no tags have been created yet." So, what are they and why aren't there any?

Answers

• JoeyyRattata
    JoeyyRattata Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    5 Likes 5 LOLs 5 Agrees Name Dropper
    Options

I think they are meant for like Hashtags you would use on Twitter etc. Say you make a discussion about Scarlet/Violet you could put #ScarletViolet or something like that so people can find posts about a specific topic. I don't think the company has implemented them though. I've tried to put some in before but I got the same thing. Maybe one day they'll update it.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

There seem to be a number of functions on this site that are currently disabled. They are likely part of the generic forum software the developers used to make the site, rather than something designed specifically for this forum then left unused.

Perhaps they will become usable in the future. Not too long ago we had polls and other features that are now unavailable.

• Sekner
    Sekner Member Posts: 5
    5 Likes Photogenic First Comment
    Options

I think the tags have not been configured because it does not allow you to add any custom tags. I think the forum is new and still needs to implement several functionalities that will be tested.