Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

The Development Team is too slow

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

I guess we both have the speaking too soon curse lmao

• Baggetto
    Baggetto Member Posts: 97 ✭✭✭
    Second Anniversary Name Dropper 5 LOLs First Answer

Nah still doesn’t change the problem if they go silent for 1+ month and we don’t get anything more than “maintenances” and “minor bug fixes”.

This is not the development pacing of a game in beta, not when the beta is this bad.

• TechHog

They didn't go silent... You're seriously expecting major bug fix patches every few days? Especially for a mobile game where every patch needs approval? You're right in the OP, you definitely aren't a developer.

• Betrayze
    Betrayze Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Agrees 5 Likes First Comment

I agree this game is coming across slow. Maybe only a couple of people making it. People will argue all games take time to patch etc.. But this is a card game and not a AAA game. They keep "fixing" bugs which the occur once again down the line so they are not fixed at all in most cases, the main ones since launch are not being able to click battle pass or decks after a match, seeing your cards on victory screen and ppl exploiting timers and then there's the matchmaking which is STILL broken (they didn't even recognise this was a bug until 8 months after the start of the BETA). Not to mention every time we get a new set of cards there's always at least 1 that's broken like elesas sparkle in fusion strike and recently enamorus. when ppl bring up the issues they take days and sometimes weeks to ban the card while tey fix then take just as long to fix it. If there was a full team working on this game bugs like that would be squashed in a day as its a single bug not take weeks.

This isn't a complaint about them not fixing stuff just the time to do so. I have no idea why they didn't hire some of the people who made ptcgo as they way less issues with each card set launch and that games been pretty much 99% working for a long time now (always gonna be 1 or 2 minor bugs).

You can argue they have done some stuff and that's great but its taken a long time to get to somewhere we should have been a couple of months after launch of the BETA. I will also add people complained about the animations being too slow so they sped up all animations by about 5X. The animations that were too slow haven't changed though just the others where there wasn't really an issue.

Look this might come off as me complaining but I enjoy the game and I think they have done a good job but updates and bug fixes for the game are just too slow. It makes sense though as its a free to play game and they make ZERO money from it. If we wanted a full team to work on the project they would have to include micro transactions which we don't want (well maybe for crystals only as long as the rest stays the same).

• Baggetto

Well said. Guess I'm not crazy after all.

• TechHog

That post was way different than yours. It wasn't asking for every single bug to have already been fixed in addition to having fully released and added tons of new features that weren't promised. It's also not threatening to cancel the project. Nobody is denying that development is slow, but that OP just comes off as trolling.

• Baggetto
    edited October 2022 #18

What’s crazy is that they actually plan on fully releasing the game by the end of the year [Edited by Mod_Ice: Please keep language friendly for all age groups]

• Flagrama
    Flagrama Member Posts: 143 ✭✭
    100 Comments 5 Agrees 5 Answers 5 Likes

They plan on expanding the beta to everyone by the end of the year. There haven't been any announcements about a full release at all yet.

• TechHog
    edited October 2022 #20

@Baggetto One of your complaints is that it's still region locked, and now you're complaining about them planning to change that. That's makes you seem extremely disingenuous.

You're either trolling or just hoping it'll be cancelled/rebooted if you're mean enough.

• Betrayze
    Betrayze Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Agrees 5 Likes First Comment

I agree this game is coming across slow. Maybe only a couple of people making it. People will argue all games take time to patch etc.. But this is a card game and not a AAA game. They keep "fixing" bugs which the occur once again down the line so they are not fixed at all in most cases, the main ones since launch are not being able to click battle pass or decks after a match, seeing your cards on victory screen and ppl exploiting timers and then there's the matchmaking which is STILL broken (they didn't even recognise this was a bug until 8 months after the start of the BETA). Not to mention every time we get a new set of cards there's always at least 1 that's broken like elesas sparkle in fusion strike and recently enamorus. when ppl bring up the issues they take days and sometimes weeks to ban the card while tey fix then take just as long to fix it. If there was a full team working on this game bugs like that would be squashed in a day as its a single bug not take weeks.

This isn't a complaint about them not fixing stuff just the time to do so. I have no idea why they didn't hire some of the people who made ptcgo as they way less issues with each card set launch and that games been pretty much 99% working for a long time now (always gonna be 1 or 2 minor bugs).

You can argue they have done some stuff and that's great but its taken a long time to get to somewhere we should have been a couple of months after launch of the BETA. I will also add people complained about the animations being too slow so they sped up all animations by about 5X. The animations that were too slow haven't changed though just the others where there wasn't really an issue.

Look this might come off as me complaining but I enjoy the game and I think they have done a good job but updates and bug fixes for the game are just too slow. It makes sense though as its a free to play game and they make ZERO money from it. If we wanted a full team to work on the project they would have to include micro transactions which we don't want (well maybe for crystals only).