Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Will Ultra Beasts be back in Generation X?

MrCarle
MrCarle Member Posts: 128
10 Comments Second Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Likes

Do you think that Ultra Beasts will be back in the Generation X Pokémon main series video games? Why?

Answers

• Gaocarmina
    Gaocarmina Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Agrees Name Dropper 10 Comments

I honestly have no idea if they will back in Gen IX as DLC or Gen X for that matter.

• PeppyDrizz
    PeppyDrizz Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment

Man I sure hope so!! Their designs are so wierd (in a cool way!!)

• cpm1
    cpm1 Member Posts: 349 ✭✭✭
    25 Answers Second Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Agrees

i hope so

• RiqMoran
    RiqMoran Member Posts: 231 ✭✭✭
    5 Answers 25 Likes 100 Comments 25 Agrees

They could be, though I hope not, they would just need the same sort of accommodation as any set of legendaries. Really just up to creative decisions. They could pick any set of old legendaries and then give them a cave or a portal in the overworld.

• Dedenne90524
    Dedenne90524 Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes

I don’t think so

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

I don't think Gamefreak have a clear vision for Ultra Beasts and their relevance to the larger Pokémon world. The narrative in gen 7 tries to claim that they are entirely alien otherworldly beings from another dimension, but in practice they are just Pokémon of a semi-legendary status.

Extra-dimensional beings invading your world should have major implications, but in every game in which they made an appearance since gen 7 it has been "there are some wierd Pokémon(?) over there, go catch them, check them off on your Pokédex, whatever..."

If they do appear again, it would be nice to elaborate on the concept rather than having them as a few inconsequential dexfillers.