Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

How to beat Rillaboom Raid

RiqMoran
RiqMoran Member Posts: 231 ✭✭✭
5 Answers 25 Likes 100 Comments 25 Agrees

Starting offf, here's his moveset:

Drum Beating (Grass), Boomburst (Normal), Low Kick (Fighting), Acrobatics (Flying) as well as Growth and Bulk Up

First, absolutely do not bring Koraidon online as his sunlight will double Rillaboom's attack boosts from Growth. My top picks are Corviknight, Iron Hands, and Arceus Ghost.

Offensive strategy is pretty simple. Corviknight with Taunt, Iron Defense and Body Press is the perfect counter to everything this raid throws at you and can stand on its own without any support. Iron hands can do (mostly) the same thing.

As for defense, in my experience, 2 key things ensured the highest rate of success: Corviknight running taunt and Arceus spamming Chilling Water. Taunt is crucial on turn 2 as it keeps Rillaboom from boosting during the shield phase. And Arceus needs to support with Chilling Water in order to ensure the survival of any team member not using Corviknight because Rillaboom's unresisted attacks leave a dent in even the bulkiest pokemon. Arceus is very much there just for the sake of anyone not using Corviknight.

As for the general flow of the raid, it begins with Rillaboom bosting its attack one stage, giving you two turns to attack before putting up its shield, and then wiping out your stat boosts on turn 3. Time your attacks accordingly. If you spend the first 3 turns setting up and don't land a single attack, it will have been for nothing.

Drop your own suggestions below.

Comments

• cpm1
    cpm1 Member Posts: 349 ✭✭✭
    25 Answers Second Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Agrees

use either iron hands or koridon.

• RiqMoran

Me personally, if I see a Koraidon in the pregame lobby I'm instantly leaving. 😂

• reaverzer0
    reaverzer0 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I used a Rotom to beat this raid. Seriously. max DEf, SpDEf and rest to SpAtk, Modest nature, Thunder bolt, willowisp, confuse ray and foul play. Any held item works but suggest rocky helm or mirror herb, tera type is ghost to maintain invulnerabilities, attack start up is will o wisp, confuse ray, foul play, until rillaboom resets it's stats or it gains shield, which then keep using foulplay or try paralyzing with thunderbolt

• RiqMoran

I wrote this guide last week, so 1 thing i will add after playing more is that taunt is not as important as i thought. Screech is the most important support move.

If the corviknights can land 3 screeches in the first 2 turns, that makes the shield phase very easy. Just set up the Iron Defense, destroy the shield, then screech again once the shield is down. If nobody has screech, it takes so much longer.

As far as unusual picks, I won a couple times with my shiny Goodra on max bulk. Charm first 2 turns to let everyone set up comfortably. Acid spray 3 times. Life dew when necessary. Tera D Pulse for damage. Also saw someone doing basically the same with Mew.