Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Hi everyone, what do you think of the Pawmi line?

CarumoTopaz
CarumoTopaz Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
5 Likes 5 LOLs First Anniversary 10 Comments

Tbh I hope one day there an interview about the inspiration of certains Paldea Pokémon.

Comments

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

It’s a fine line, certainly getting some points for being the first Electric/Fighting.

I do have to wonder why Pawmo is just Pawmi but standing up. Hopefully an interview will answer that.

• RiqMoran
    RiqMoran Member Posts: 231 ✭✭✭
    5 Answers 25 Likes 100 Comments 25 Agrees

I like them. I have a shiny one. But i do feel that theyre too similar to be evolutions. They feel more like alternate forms than entirely different species.

• Elberta
    Elberta Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    25 Agrees First Answer Name Dropper 10 Comments

Pawmo is Pawmi standing up with a lighter color scheme. Pawmot is Pawmo with a slightly darker orange, and has more fur.

• puplover1118
    puplover1118 Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees First Anniversary 25 Likes

The evolution method to get Pawmot is obscure; how was I supposed to know that it evolved when I walked with it?

• Dedenne90524
    Dedenne90524 Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes

I like them.

Pawmo has the potential to be the Pikachu Clone of this region, like Pikachu and Pikablu, it’s a middle evolution, and all the Pikachu clones that aren’t a single stage Pokémon are middle evolutions.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

I like its initial form but the evolutions are far too similar. Not enough is done to differentiate each stage.

Also I don't know if I misunderstood how the game counts steps, but it took forever to evolve.

• RiqMoran
    RiqMoran Member Posts: 231 ✭✭✭
    5 Answers 25 Likes 100 Comments 25 Agrees

The thing is that ordinarily, in the Pokemon world, evolutionary stages are supposed to be entirely new species. Sure, there is a resemblance, but the goal is to differentiate enough to where you can believe it is a different creature altogether.

Pawmot line just feels like the same creature at different ages rather than evolution. But again, it is a great design.

• CarumoTopaz
    CarumoTopaz Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    5 Likes 5 LOLs First Anniversary 10 Comments

@D-ManBlue I wonder about ithis as well. For what's sure Sirfetch'd's design is unrelated to Farfetch'd's scrapped evo thanks to the interview with Eurogamer. So I'll be curious to see how the Pawmi line were created in the first place.

• Gaocarmina
    Gaocarmina Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Agrees Name Dropper 10 Comments

A part of me wonder if some Pikaclones will get an evolutions in the future now that two Pokémon from Galar have one, who know maybe Dedenne would benefit one too. 🤷

• Anti-V3nom
    Anti-V3nom Member Posts: 7
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Pink shiny mons rise up lol

The electric/fighting type makes me want to use it more than the other Pikachu clones. Plus revival blessing is a really great utility tool.

Being honest it's not my favorite Pikachu clone but it is respectable.