Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Feedback

TFortes
TFortes Member Posts: 1

Hey everyone,

I don't know of this will actually reach the ptcglive dev or not but I wanted to post some feedback and potential changes or additions to the game to make it better.

First off I would like to applaud on some of the changes. I love how they updated the client to make things run smoother and keep up with current tcg trends. Adding a mobile version is also a big plus. They also changed the starting decks so that you can actually use them in regular matches which include vmax and vstar cards. I appreciate the crafting function by making it possible to not just rely on luck or shifting through thousands of terrible trades to make up decks. However I'd does have some flaws. With code cards now only giving 5 cards there is less chance of getting duplicates (unless you grind a lot which we will get to later) and at this current moment I haven't seen any other method such as purchasing the required currency with your own money. These points make constructing new decks sometimes of a hassle with key strong cards costing a decent amount to craft.

Matches... I understand ptcglive is in beta but man it can take a long time to find a match. That would be one of my biggest gripes with matchmaking. It definitely makes it hard to want to play when you have to wait like five minutes in a searching screen because you aren't able to do other things while searching for opponents (at least on the mobile version). I think waiting wouldn't be as bad if you were able to do other things while waiting. When you finally get into game it's more or less fine. Most of the time games are fun with little issues arising. I personally haven't seen any bugs in my games other then one issue. I don't know of this is a bug or an exploit but in a couple of my games players would have no way of winning so they just let the timer run out and the game doesn't end until a player concedes. This is very infuriating because I've personally waited 20 minutes to see if the game would end in my victory or some sort of timer would give me my turn but no, the timer just stays at zero. This issue should definitely be looked into because that just ruins the game for everyone.

The last issue I found is the battle pass. In theory it's fine but some of the rewards are pretty mediocre considering how hard it can be to achieve them. Currently there are two daily quests to get points. No big deal. However, when matchmaking isn't great it makes it difficult to level up or make the most of the of the battle pass especially if you purchase the gold pass using your in game currency. Currently my daily quests are complete games without conceding. On ptcgo that would be fine but with the matchmaking issue, it makes it really hard to complete.

Long story short, I do believe ptcglive has great potential. I believe it needs to open up to more people to make matchmaking better and look into or fixing the timer in game. With a couple of improvements to the the other functions, it could easily surpass ptcgo.

Sorry for the long post. 😁