Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What Pokémon would you change the name of?

Are there any Pokémon whose names you don't like, or you feel you have a more fitting one?

My pick for this would be Wobbuffet. Its English name fits well with its theme as a living punching bag, since it wobbles around when hit and buffets the foe back, but doesn't translate the pun of its original Japanese name, which translates to "That's the way it is." I think the name I'd pick for it would be "Deelwiffit", or something similar — it gets the original name's pun across better, and that way, even its name acts as a taunt to the opponent when it traps their precious Pokémon and annihilates it with a strong Counter or Mirror Coat.

Comments

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Agrees

Why is Jynx named Jynx? It's just a human-looking thing. Also why is it an ice type? So many questions about this weird Pokémon.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

Zebstriker should have been called Zapidash. Yes, it is a terrible pun.

• RiqMoran
    RiqMoran Member Posts: 231 ✭✭✭
    5 Answers 25 Likes 100 Comments 25 Agrees

All of the unimaginative paradox pokemons'. Especially the Iron ones.

• YamiPoli
    YamiPoli Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic First Answer

Oshawott gets renamed Wotter.

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

Litten's name just feels very uncreative to me. No alternatives suggested- in all honesty I'm not all that great with naming things myself.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

@D-ManBlue Litten isn't bad on the face of it, though to my mind it sounds too close to 'litter' and the zoomerspeak 'lit'.