Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Missing daily quests

Options
jon11w
jon11w Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
5 Agrees First Anniversary First Comment 5 LOLs

If I receive a daily quest on Monday but complete it on Tuesday I have to wait until Wednesday to get my next quest, therefore skipping the Tuesday quest.

It seems that there is nothing that tracks when a daily quest was given which causes the game to require you to wait until the next day for a new quest regardless of whether you have received one on that day or not.

Considering these quests are pretty much the only way for us to earn crystals, this is something that really could do with being looked into.

Comments

• jon11w
    Options

Also the timer for new quests is still bugged - it says [0]h [1]m as it has done since beta launched.

• jon11w
    Options

@TechHog This is the desktop client on Mac. Not sure what platform you're on, but I've had both these issues since launch.

• NeptuneShaun
    NeptuneShaun Member Posts: 19
    First Answer 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

I have seen the issue of not having it carry over days (I would say multiple days such as 4+ shouldn't carry), but maybe a day or two so 2/3 quests can be completed one after another, or have it all set on a weekly time scale maybe, sometimes things get in the way and you cant

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Yeah, I'm on Windows so some of your issues are Mac only. Rereading the first post though, that's not really a bug. Most games don't allow you to stack dailies like that. It seems like it's working as intended and you're actually asking for a new feature. If you complete a quest, it counts for the day you complete it. That seems normal.

• jon11w
    Options

Logically, if I currently have no quest, and if I haven't been assigned a new quest today day, I should be given a new quest. Completing a quest that was assigned to me 3 weeks ago should not remove my ability to get a new quest today.

I'm not even suggesting being able to stack quests for missed days, although other games, such as Hearthstone, already do this.

And @TechHog please don't take the anti-consumer stance. We don't need you acting as some sort of contrarian gatekeeper on these forums. I suggest reading into Hearthstones quests if you want an example of a well implemented, daily/weekly quest system.

• TechHog
    Options

Does it even work the way you're claiming, though? In my experience the quest just changes when the day changes over and you miss out.

Also, I'm just saying that it's not a bug and you're asking for a new feature.

• TechHog
    Options

Wait a minute, are you actually saying that if you complete one of the quests it won't reset unless the other one has also been completed and it's the next day? Because if that's what you mean then I see the problem.

• jon11w
    Options

@TechHog this is the "bugs and feedback" section. If it's a bug then it should be fixed. If it's not working as intended then it's bad player experience to ask the player to complete a quest on the same day that it's issued and it should be changed.

Please read my comments again - I think that my descriptions are very clear. If you still do not understand, please feel free to stop commenting.

And please don't offend me with your "does it even work how you claim?" nonsense. I am neither stupid nor making this up.

• TechHog
    Options

@jon11w Did you see my follow-up post? That explains why we had a misunderstanding.

That said, daily quests are generally intended to be completed daily and none of the currently available quests take more than 3 games to complete (now that the stupid ones about knocking out VMAX are gone). So, I don't really understand the second sentence. Really, it sounds like it comes down to the problem of the game not being engaging enough for you to want to play more than 1-2 games per week, and if that's the case I think that problem needs to the priority to address.

• jon11w
    Options

@TechHog to put this into perspective for you - quests refresh at 6pm my local time. Yesterday i logged in at around 4:30pm, opened some packs and built some decks. I didn't have time to play any games but checked the battle pass and I had two uncompleted quests. I logged back in at 8pm and completed both of my quests. I received no new quests. I then had to wait 22 hours until the next refresh, despite it being only 2 hours after the daily quests refresh.

This logic is extremely punishing for those of us who have busy lives.