Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Which is the best Mega Evolution design?

Most megas are just BAD designs, like straight up the pokemon but more of it, look at Aerodactyl.

In my opinion, Gigantamax mons are better designed than some megas since some pokemon like Orbeetle were designed with the giga form in mind.

So, what do you think is the best mega design?

Comments

• Dedenne90524
    Dedenne90524 Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes

Ampharos.

• RiqMoran
    RiqMoran Member Posts: 231 ✭✭✭
    5 Answers 25 Likes 100 Comments 25 Agrees

First, I disagree with your premise that mega evolutions are bad designs and gigantamax offer better designs. On the contrary, the majority of megas are the coolest designed powered up versions of pokemon we have ever seen, and most gigantamax pokemon are downright goofy.

Some exceptional mega evos are: Sceptile, Aggron, Charizard X, Mawile, and Lucario. Though, like I said, most are great.

• DylanVsTheWorld
    DylanVsTheWorld Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
    25 Likes Name Dropper First Answer 5 Agrees

Mega Banette, Mega Sableye, and Mega Mewtwo Y are all pretty cool!

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

I would have to say Mega Blastoise is one of my personal favorites from both a design and just in general.

• Eion
    Eion Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment

Mega Scizor!

• RiqMoran
    RiqMoran Member Posts: 231 ✭✭✭
    5 Answers 25 Likes 100 Comments 25 Agrees

One more thing. Regarding the designs looking like "the pokemon, but more of it"

I think this is intentional. Keep in mind that mega evolution is not supposed to result in an entirely different species but rather a temporary, powered up state that places strain on the pokemon. To convey this, the design needs to be familiar, yet markedly more menacing. More fierce. I think these designs do a pretty good job at just that.

Mega evolution is a vehicule for delivering us cool looking pokemon. Creature designs come in all sorts of varieties, not all of them can have the design language of Garchomp or Haxorus. Mega evolution largely focuses on giving us that kind of designs.

• Pikanino9
    Pikanino9 Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment First Answer

Mega Mewtwo Y I find the design of it fist the psychic typing and I also like seeing it with Giovanni

• HolyLance1337
    HolyLance1337 Member Posts: 66
    Name Dropper 10 Comments Photogenic

Mega Rayquaza.