Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What was your first Pokémon game?

Answers

• DylanVsTheWorld
    DylanVsTheWorld Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
    25 Likes Name Dropper First Answer 5 Agrees

Pokémon Silver. I never finished it (until later) and then I played Leaf Green and actually beat it.

• Raibread421
    Raibread421 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

around when X and Y came out I got a preowned copy of pearl from my local pawn shop :)

• puplover1118
    puplover1118 Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees First Anniversary 25 Likes

Main series: Pokemon X

Entire Franchise: Pokemon Rumble Blast (then X, then Super Mystery Dungeon)

• AceTrainerBasil
    AceTrainerBasil Member Posts: 18
    Name Dropper 5 Agrees 10 Comments Photogenic

https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/discussion/5600/what-was-your-first-pokemon-gameAhaha, dude, you too was bored by Gen 5🤣🤣🤣

My first game was FireRed, and, despite my fairly mature age, I didn't start being a Pokémon fan during Pokémania of the early 2000s. I actually borrowed Game Boy Advance from my university buddy and bought a used cartridge. It was in the late 2015, like 2 months before the launch of Pokémon Go.

I was curious what that thing from Slowpoke memes were, I googled it, than started watching anime, than I realised they talk about about levels, so there must be a game of some sort. I expected it to be something close to WoW or something, turned out it was a step-based handheld RPG. I was super confused, quit several times, until finaly embraced the exoticness of the franchise and started to love it as it is.

Btw, now FRLG to me are among the worst Pokémon games along with Yellow and Legends: Arceus. FRLG is a not very interesting and diverse Kanto region with underexplained story that also lacks the most fun aspect of the original Red and Blue (which, btw, are my favorite Pokémon games) - the quirky Gen 1 battle mechanics.

I never finished FRLG (I owned both, btw), I first entered Hall of Fame in HeartGold. For some reason I just don't go well with Gen 3. I now play Sapphire, and I'm super confused, I barely understand where to go, it's super hard to navigate on those giant routes, I don't like the pokemon, I don't like the graphics, but I kind of appreciate the drums in route theme and some other pieces of music. Almost a blast beat compared to pretty much any other set of Pokémon games.

• Token1079
    Token1079 Member Posts: 26
    Name Dropper 5 Agrees 10 Comments Photogenic

Pokemon black

• Beauchu
    Beauchu Member Posts: 43
    Name Dropper First Answer 5 Agrees 5 LOLs

my first mainline one was Sword but I had like all the mobile games before that and on my birthday I got a 3DS and Pokémon X

• Alex_Vaporeon
    Alex_Vaporeon Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Agrees 100 Comments Name Dropper

Pokemon Violet. I only just got a Nintendo Switch last year for Christmas, after it came out, so me and my brother both received a copy. I also play Pokemon Sword and am saving up for PLA. (Actually I probably have enough money for it but I just bought Minecraft so I'm gonna wait a little bit. Also I have no idea how much it costs :P)

• barrettloganj13
    barrettloganj13 Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary

Mine was Pokémon Ultra Sun on the Nintendo 3DS and I have already completed half of the National Pokédex.