Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What was your first Pokémon game?

My story regarding Pokémon was pretty lopsided at first, I'll admit, I started with Diamond, then got Platinum, Pokémon Black bored me and then I got into the fray with XY and... Well, here I am, 16 years later.

Answers

• lvirden
    lvirden Member Posts: 5
    Photogenic First Comment

My first was pokemon blue.

I was getting my kids into pokemon the anime, the trading cards, so I bought a new Gameboy (antique now) and a copy of red and blue.

I chose blue because I wanted to use squirtle...as it would eventually be able to learn surf.

• JuliusVercelli
    JuliusVercelli Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees Photogenic First Answer Name Dropper

Main Series? Technically speaking Gold, as my family had an old game boy version of it (even though it was a used save file and had no idea where to go). After that, Soul Silver. I got a little out of order in where to go though. The game didn’t exactly give me hints I understood.

Now if you count outside of main series, my very first Pokémon game was Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team on GBA. Lots of memories on that.. Probably the first game to make me cry.

• Kieraste
    Kieraste Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    5 Agrees Photogenic 5 LOLs Name Dropper

Pokémon X was my first game on the 3ds, which then eventually got me into Unite about 6 years later when Decidueye was first released, I believe

• cpm1
    cpm1 Member Posts: 349 ✭✭✭
    25 Answers Second Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Agrees

my first game was red on the gameboy

• Kamrom
    Kamrom Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment

Blue. I remember going to the store and buying it the day it came out. I even remember the promotional VHS Nintendo sent me with my Nintendo Power magazine. I think I was 12 years old at the time.

• PokePeter54
    PokePeter54 Member Posts: 8
    Photogenic First Comment

Pokemon X was my first and is still my favorite game of all time

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 25 Answers 100 Likes

I didn’t get into the video games til last year, instead sticking to the TCG, my first was PLA

• Kaioshin213
    Kaioshin213 Member Posts: 11
    First Comment Photogenic Name Dropper

Red. Got it christmas 1999 :D

• D-ManBlue
    D-ManBlue Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    100 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Answers 100 Comments

I first got into Pokemon around Gen IV but never got a mainline game until Gen VI, with Pokemon X.

Before I had played Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs and Pokemon Rumble Blast.

• GAMRKNIGHT
    GAMRKNIGHT Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

I've played Arceus for 20 minutes (or whatever the newest one is) and I thought it was pretty alright. Might play it again soon.