Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Ranked tier levels too much

This may just be me, but I think it takes too many wins to move up tiers in ranked mode. I really like the ranked system in general, but I think it should have more of a build up system in place. I feel like winning 20 matches at the very least to get to the great ball level just takes way too long. On top of that it just increases as it gets higher. That paired with the fact that you lose a little bit of points for each loss makes it feel like such a slog. In other games I've played it gets gradually more difficult each rank, but here right after I completed the first rank I feel like I hardly move at all. Like I said, it may just be me, but I feel like the system could be tweaked a little bit so that it's not just a long trek, but a system that really does make you feel as if you progress based on how you are doing.

Comments

• Professor_Bear
    Professor_Bear Member Posts: 36
    Name Dropper 5 Agrees 10 Comments Photogenic

I opted out of the Rank system, because initial "Deals" are so poor; e.g. in some deals you get 4 of one card, and none of the ones you really want, including some Tool or Supporter Cards that hardly ever show up in a deal. Against a "Pro Deck" it's sometimes possible to get knocked out with only one card out!

• uncomonfossil
    uncomonfossil Member Posts: 176 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Agrees 25 Likes

It seems that the way things are structured, there are are 2 ways to approach the game. Play a mix of decks for enjoyment, but don't make too much progress in terms of rank. Or focus on strong decks to maximize progress on the ranked ladder.

I agree that some adjustment to how we make progress would be good. Making it easier to progress, until you get towards the top, would be good. It would encourage more people to play a mix of decks, and it would help newer players.